[deprecated] MLVFS windows client

Started by g3gg0, September 11, 2014, 03:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

surami

1. Ok, I understand.

2. Well it was because of the cached files, so they were there yet at the playback, thats why it was so smooth.
I write this because now I tested again with random directory swith + random file playback and its not smooth, so it's a cache thing.

550D + nightly ML

g3gg0

updated:
- reads now MLV and RAW
- shows MLV information tags (LENS, etc) in _info.txt and as virtual files
- less trouble with some older files
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

mk11174

Thank you for the RAW support, this will come in handy for the RAW files from bolt trigger!  :)
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

domidomsen

Hi and thx for the development. I can mount the MLVs but the DNGs are 0kb big. The Log says:

[E] 'System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'MlvFsDng.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)' in connection from 127.0.0.1:62572 (HandleContent/HandleRequest)

But the .dll is in the direcory. Maybe somebody can help... THX

Francis Frenkel

Does it mean that with this "tool" I will be able to read my Raw / MLV files directly with Resolve without extracting "Dng's" ?

Francis
Francis Frenkel
www.ffrenkel.com

dmilligan

g3gg0

@francis:
Yep, just select your cards root folder or your mlv storage directory as root, then map the drive and they appear as directories with jpg and dng.

@domidomsen:
Windows Version, x86 or x64, did you install msvcrt runtime as explained a few posts earlier?
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

domidomsen

I did not have vcredist_x64.exe installed. I do now. But its still not working. same Error. Its Win7 64bit. Thx

g3gg0

Thats odd.
Can you try again with the dll from the standard subfolder?

The path where all files are in doesn't contain spaces?

LRF

Short feedback after installation: the tool works (what kind of wizardry is this?  ??? ).

Playback in Resolve is choppy in my case - I'd say around 0.5 fps, but it's most likely because of suboptimal hardware platform (i7 920 @2.66, 6GB RAM, W7 64).
Attempt to open MLVs in Premiere ends with "File format not supported" message.

Didn't experience any problems during setup process.
Thanks a lot, g3gg0.

mk11174

No problems for me on win7 64bit.  :)
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

g3gg0

@domidomsen:
please redownload, try and post a log with the exact error message

@all:
i added caching and prefetching.
it should be a bit less choppy now :)

domidomsen

So, the path had a space. But now it doesnt. But still not working. I also downloaded the newest version. Here is the log:

Statistics:
  MLV readers: 3
    D:\MEDIA\2014-Vitali_Video\06_FOOTAGE\02_VIDEO\RAW-ALL\M11-2042.MLV: Cached 0 files, 0,00 MiB
    D:\MEDIA\2014-Vitali_Video\06_FOOTAGE\02_VIDEO\RAW-ALL\M12-0034.MLV: Cached 0 files, 0,00 MiB
    D:\MEDIA\2014-Vitali_Video\06_FOOTAGE\02_VIDEO\RAW-ALL\M11-2354.MLV: Cached 0 files, 0,00 MiB
    Cached toal: 0,00 MiB

[i] WebDAVServer started.
[i] Listening on 0.0.0.0:8082
[i] Root path 'D:\MEDIA\2014-Vitali_Video\06_FOOTAGE\02_VIDEO\RAW-ALL\'
[E] 'System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'MlvFsDng.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)' in connection from 127.0.0.1:61151 (HandleContent/HandleRequest)
[E] 'System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'MlvFsDng.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)' in connection from 127.0.0.1:61153 (HandleContent/HandleRequest)
[E] 'System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'MlvFsDng.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)' in connection from 127.0.0.1:61157 (HandleContent/HandleRequest)

LRF

It is faster, indeed, however now I have more skipped (black or blank) frames during timeline playback. Seems that hard drive can't write data fast enough (disks not in RAID).
With previous version there was maybe 4 or 5 black frames in total, now it's like 20% of all.

Again, this comp is far from being an editing machine, so just want to confirm that everything seems to work as intended  ;)

g3gg0

update, added some parameters for cache tuning and removed dependency to MSVCRT.

@domidomsen:
can you try again?

domidomsen

All the same. But at least I have a new error massage:

Statistics:
  MLV readers: 2
    D:\MEDIA\2014-Vitali_Video\06_FOOTAGE\02_VIDEO\RAW-ALL\M11-2042.MLV: Cached 0 files, 0,00 MiB
    D:\MEDIA\2014-Vitali_Video\06_FOOTAGE\02_VIDEO\RAW-ALL\M12-0034.MLV: Cached 0 files, 0,00 MiB
    Cached toal: 0,00 MiB

[i] Root path 'D:\MEDIA\2014-Vitali_Video\06_FOOTAGE\02_VIDEO\RAW-ALL\'
[E] 'System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.' in connection from 127.0.0.1:64611 (HandleContent/HandleRequest)

LRF

I checked the last version and I'm afraid you need feedback from someone with a higher-end editing station, to reach some conclusions.

Now, with default values, I get only flashes of single frames on timeline, the rest is skipped. HD spins like crazy, obviously can't deal with so much data. I didn't try to change the caching parameters, yet.

g3gg0

@domidomsen:
there are no traces of dll errors, jusdt one socket error.
you are 100% sure that the MlvFsDng.dll is in the same directory as WebDavServer.exe and MLVViewSharp.exe and NAudio.dll?

@LRF:
if you play the second time, is it better?

LRF

I cleaned caches and mounted MLVFS again.
Without render cache in Resolve, it takes 50 seconds to play 10s MLV clip for the first time, 44 secs for the second time. But second play keeps the same omitted frames pattern as the first one. Now it takes long to render frames at the beginning, then more or less in the middle longer black gaps appear, and last third of the clip plays black.

With Smart Render Cache, after waiting for clip to be cached, it takes 22 secs to play it. But again, black or omitted frames seem to appear in the same moments, like when Resolve cache was disabled. Second play looks the same.

domidomsen

Its the same file structure like in the ZIP. I tested it on a friends system. Its the same. 0kb DNGs. Sorry :'(

But his error is different:

Statistics:
  MLV readers: 2
    C:\Users\joe\Desktop\100EOS5D\M12-0009.MLV: Cached 11 files, 1,39 MiB
    C:\Users\joe\Desktop\100EOS5D\M12-0007.MLV: Cached 11 files, 1,26 MiB
    Cached toal: 2,65 MiB

[i] Root path 'C:\Users\joe\Desktop\100EOS5D\'
[E] Error while browsing /M12-0007.MLV/M12-0007_000002.dng: System.DllNotFoundException, Die DLL "MlvFsDng.dll": Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x8007007E) kann nicht geladen werden.

Again: Same structure like in the zip.

g3gg0

can you start it as administrator?
please start a command shell, change into the directory where the dll/exe are and do
"dir /n /r /x /q" and upload a screenshot please.

domidomsen

g3gg0

its getting weird now...

can you try this solution?
basically you have to remove and re-add EXEC permission to the folder where the EXEs are in.

g3gg0

another update: switched down to .NET 3.5.
maybe it works better on your machines.

do you have some antivirus installed?

domidomsen

Hi G3gg0, I am away till next week. I will check than. Thx for your help.