a1ex we want you back :)

Started by swinxx, September 07, 2014, 10:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swinxx

@a1ex from a magic lantern video enthusiast!

i wonder why nearly nobody here in the forum is reacting with your posting bout eventually thinking of leaving the video side of magic lantern... that would be tragical!
as a fan of ml and a user of video and photo features i want you to know that in my opinion you are not compensable. come on man, you are the core of magic lantern.. its the same when you would delete the core code!
your knowledge bout canon, its code and all the magic lantern stuff is above any doubt.

so please donĀ“t loose your passion - you are great!

+1 for a1ex

Audionut

There needs to be other developers who take on the main role of video based development for ML.  He will be "here" to help and share his knowledge to these other developers, as I've always known him to do.

So he is not "leaving", in the general sense of the term, simply advising that some others need to take on the main role of video based development.

LRF

It should be clear, that we should thank Thomas Worth author of RAWMAgic application and his Rarevison LLC company for making Alex think about giving up development.

Why? Read here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=11879.msg126654#msg126654

swinxx

@LRF
sorry but you should read that thread again please. i think you have misunderstood some important parts.

and another important point:
a1ex was/is here all the time, adding improvements to the code every single day.. improvements that are only possible because of his knowledge!
when he leaves the video part i fear that the video development will completely stop.

as far as i can tell he has the absolute control over the project, when he will be forced to lock a thread and nightly update (5dmk3_123) for a certain time he will do.
so everyone (also 3rd party app devs) should pay absolute deference to him and we/they should follow his demands!!

greets

redaber

No A1ex you cannot leave! We want 4k RAW video right now! Jut kidding :P... A1ex can do whatever he wants ihmo i mean the dude changed the game for real

mk11174

Yeah, alex has been the key person with ML, he has taught me so many things I can't even remember how many. He has helped so many people and came up with so many cool ideas that he added into ML.

Great he is still with us, but I am sure he will be missed on the video side with so many fun things he has gave us for it. But he can't do everything, if someone like him could do video stuff as good as him, I am sure that will motivate alex to give us even cooler things with Photo stuff in the future.

Thanks for everything alex!
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

Satis

Indeed, thanks for everything, all the best with what you decide to do in the future!
50D IR, 600D, 550D

arrinkiiii

redaber

My company actually thought of donating him 3000 USD for the work that he has done, it's obviously he's own decision whetever he would wanna leave or not. But it would be a sad day when that happends :(