Help!!! Adobe PSE12 won't recognize my CR2 Files!!!

Started by YourMom, September 03, 2014, 04:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YourMom

Please Help!

I was in Nebraska visiting a friend and took a bunch of great photos using my 600D (Ti3).  This is the first time I've taken photos with ML installed, usually I just shoot video.  For whatever reason, Adobe will not recognize my raw files.  Usually, it has before.  I can view the photos on my camera, so I know they are there.  I just can't transfer them over, or convert them.

I have tried every suggestion I could find online, including updating Adobe Raw Converter.  Nothing seems to work.  While trouble shooting I noticed that the file name reads proper (i.e. IMG_3504.CR2), but there is no given dimension under any of the files.  I suspect this may be the problem, is it?  If so, is there any way to rectify this situation.  Please HELP?

FYI, I'm working on a MAC I purchased in 2013 and have all the latest software updates installed.

ayshih

Perhaps try first copying over the CR2 files to your home directory on OS X (e.g., using a card reader) before trying to work with them.  I know I've encountered issues in a past with Lightroom on OS X properly reading CR2 files that were stored on a separate Windows partition.  I suspected some filesystem miscommunication.
Canon EOS 50D | 17–40mm f/4L & 70–300mm f/4.5–5.6 DO IS | Lexar 1066x

YourMom

You mean to my Mac drive?  If so, I tried, no luck.  If you mean something else, can you please elaborate?

I supposed I should have mentioned the error* message(s) I received:

Adobe Camera Raw (DNGconverter) - "The source folder does not contain any supported camera raw files."

Adobe PSE - "Could not complete your request because the file appears to be from a camera model which is not supported by the installed version of Camera Raw..."

^^^but I've imported raw files before on PSE from the same camera and SD card, it was pre ML though.  Also, I've tried installing different versions of Camera Raw.

Thanks for your time.  Anymore suggestions though?

Walter Schulz

Upload a CR2 to a webspace/filehoster and link it here.

glubber

I can't open it either in Photoshop nor Lightroom....

Irfanview and rawtherapee show a normal preview (i guess its the embedded jpeg) but RT can't develop it either:
Canon DPP can't open it as well but Infos saying it's an "SRAW" which would be an explanation for the low filesize of 8 MB.

As i'm not familiar with SRAW i can't help you any further.
EOS 550D // Sigma 18-200 // Sigma 18-70 // Canon 10-18 STM

a1ex

You were not using Magic Lantern, so I'm not sure why are you asking here for help.

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12606.msg121828#msg121828
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=8421
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=8272

You can recover the embedded JPEG preview with "dcraw -4 -e IMG_3471.CR2".

RAW data seems valid, but color channels are misinterpreted (probably easy to fix if you are familiar with dcraw's source code).

YourMom

Evidently, I need to familiarize my self more with my camera settings.  I usually use it for video, but occasionally need it for photos.

I'm getting  a "no such file or directory" message in draw,  do you know what I'm doing wrong?

Walter Schulz

Place dcraw and your CR2 file in the same directory.