60d uninstall firmware ver. 1.1.0-ml 2011Aug22 HELP!

Started by ketocine, September 02, 2014, 09:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ketocine

I want to update to the current version of ml.
I am currently running a very old version of ml ver. 1.1.0 2011 Aug 22.
When I format my ml card and re boot it locks on a screen that says
"Firmware update program
Update file
cannot be found.
Please check the memory
card and reload the
battery and try again"
Luckily I am able reload ml to the card and get it running again.
I am afraid to update my canon firmware so I can load the current ml before getting it back to original specs.
Any advice?

ketocine

I would like to have the most current and stable version of 2.3, not a nightly build.

Walter Schulz

ketocine

My concern is that the install / update instructions say
"To update to v2.3 from an earlier version,format your card, update to latest Canon firmware if needed, unzip new ML files and make the card(s) bootable. If you get stuck, do a fresh install."
I just don't want to do things out of order and brick my camera.

Walter Schulz

I haven't met a person wanting to brick his/her cam yet. So what? Jump or not. It's your decision.

ketocine

I am simply asking for some advice. Your attitude suggests you are not willing or capable of helping me.
Have a nice day.

Doyle4

He has said one thing that is a must if you are not wanting to brick your camera... update it too 1.1.1

Doyle4

Also to remove ML, goto update, update, a green success screen will appear like when you first installed, change mode on camera to P/AV or what is suggested. Update to 1.1.1, install 2.3 stable, you are then free to choose which build you like, nightly's are fine, just read about them first, ML team would release a build that is a high risk of bricking. if you look around on the forum, yes it happens... but very very rare.