[600D] Properly using zebras, workflow and CC?

Started by emphram, September 02, 2014, 06:23:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emphram

Hello,

I've been experimenting with the latest nightly build of magic lantern for the 600D/T3i and using the cinestyle picture style. I have set my zebras for underexposure at 7%(18) and for overexposure at 79%(201) as it seems that anything over this gives me a blown highlight. I'm wondering if these values are correct or if I don't know how to expose properly. I'm looking to get the greatest dynamic range and detail in highlights and shadows. It would also help if a workflow and color correction technique be included, as I haven't nailed that down either (I'm on windows, I have access to premiere and aftereffects, h264 video isn't very cpu friently and I can't convert it to prores, so I wonder what the windows equivalent workflow is?). I will be going to the park on saturday for a reshoot (I did a large shoot this last saturday but I am far from satisfied with the results) and I plan on posting it on the forums to receive further suggestions.

Sorry if I am asking too many questions, I just need a bit of general overall orientation.

Cheers.