How to quote from a message in a previous page?

Started by PaulJBis, September 02, 2014, 01:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulJBis

Hi all:

Sorry if this is just me being dense, but I've just spent half an hour looking for a way to reply and quote from a message in the previous page (i.e., one so old that doesn't show up in the "Topic summary" in the Reply page). The SMF manual says:

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Posting/

"There are two ways of replying to a post by quoting it. The first option is to click on the Quote button on the top right-hand side of the relevant post."

But I'm not seeing any "Quote" button here, on any post.

I wouldn't normally post for something so basic, but as I said, I've been looking for half an hour.

(Of course, I could just copy and paste and quote manually, but I want the link to the older post).

Audionut

The feature has been temporarily removed due to abuse (people quoting first/last posts, or really long messages).

There is an insert quote feature still available, you'll find it after hitting reply.

PaulJBis

Quote from: Audionut on September 02, 2014, 01:21:05 AM
The feature has been temporarily removed due to abuse (people quoting first/last posts, or really long messages).

There is an insert quote feature still available, you'll find it after hitting reply.

Sure, but if the post I'm replying to is really old, it won't show up in the list of posts (the "Topic Summary") in the Reply page.

Oh well.