MLVFS - a FUSE based, "on the fly" MLV to CDNG converter

Started by dmilligan, August 31, 2014, 02:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy kh

i stil prefer to use mlvfs with pismo mount but mlv lite is not supported. i think the problem is with mlvfs dll. can anyone help me out
5D Mark III - 70D

TrEK

Hello all!
Who know what is last version of MLVFS for WINDOWS ?
and where i can download latest correct version ?

eyeland

Quote from: ArcziPL on January 30, 2019, 11:30:46 PM
Great that you found the right file. As the question is recurring and documentation of this great tool outdated, I post here a compilation of both 32 and 64-bit version of mlvfs already supporting lossless compression + required DLLs, so one doesn't need to install anything, just use it as is:

https://bitbucket.org/ArcziPL/magic-lantern/downloads/mlvfs_x86_x64.zip

All inside this package is found compiled on some online repositiories of users of this forum. I just put it all together in one place.
quick necro, what version of Visual Studio are you using?
Daybreak broke me loose and brought me back...

eyeland

not quite sure what I am doing wrong with the windows version.
When using the version of MLVFS.exe linked in the OP, I get the pure noise output as others have experienced (probably from using the lossless 12b it compression)
When I try the fixed described above (to put mlvfz.exe in the mlv folder and run it) I get a "missing dokanfuse1.dll" msg.
When I copy the missing file into the folder and run mlvfz again, CMD returns to prompt and nothing happens.

EDIT:
Using the latest dokany & visual studio & the folders linked below, I have everything working in x64 :) Yay, thanks!

Quote from: ArcziPL on January 30, 2019, 11:30:46 PM
Great that you found the right file. As the question is recurring and documentation of this great tool outdated, I post here a compilation of both 32 and 64-bit version of mlvfs already supporting lossless compression + required DLLs, so one doesn't need to install anything, just use it as is:
https://bitbucket.org/ArcziPL/magic-lantern/downloads/mlvfs_x86_x64.zip
All inside this package is found compiled on some online repositiories of users of this forum. I just put it all together in one place.
Daybreak broke me loose and brought me back...

pc_b

Hello everybody,
I'm just trying to download de latest version of MLVFS for Windows, but all the bitbucket.org links doesn't work... Is there any other place where I can download it?

Thank you very much.

juliusE

hi folks
I know it may all be datet,
But I'm using The mlvfs on mac, working perfectly, except theres lots of dots when I open the files in davinci, which are not there when I export a cDNg from mlvapp.
I tried taking the Fmp files from mlvapp contents and putting into mlvfs , but this did not seem to do a thing..
Please help
:)

Boygetslost

I used to use MLVFS a few years ago. I am now trying Magic lantern again. Though currently I am using MLV APP.

I always preferred the simplicity of MLVFS.

With the 14bit raw from the 5d 2 and 3, does the MLV to CDNG conversation have the same results in image quality? Or does one program have the edge on this?

Any thoughts from seasoned users?

Thanks

Chris

2blackbar

imo 5d2 frim mlvapp has crap greenyellow tint to the colors and skintones if you do color work in it unless you fix it with hsl .
so unless you calibrwte that i recommend not letting mlvapp debayer dngs.simple white balance  wont fix this.

masc

Conversion from MLV to CDNG has in both MLVFS and MLVApp the same image quality, because CDNG is still RAW. If possible, I would prefere MLVFS, because you don't need time and diskspace for conversion.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Dmytro_ua

Quote from: Walter Schulz on October 19, 2020, 01:36:34 PM
Hell of a string

On a Windows version in 64 folder I get an error about dokanfuse1.dll. I see dokanfuse.dll file in a folder, but not dokanfuse1.dll

5d3 1.2.3 | Canon 16-35 4.0L | Canon 50 1.4 | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Ronin-S | Feelworld F6 PLUS

Walter Schulz

Dmytro_ua

Quote from: Walter Schulz on January 10, 2021, 12:22:14 PM
Try 32-bit version.

Already did.
Does nothing at all.

And the stupid method: just copy of dokanfuse1.dll from 32 folder to 64 gives me this error (my hopes were not to high while doing this  :D :D):

My system is Win 10 64
5d3 1.2.3 | Canon 16-35 4.0L | Canon 50 1.4 | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Ronin-S | Feelworld F6 PLUS

Boygetslost

Thanks for the advice,

I do find my footage has a slight red tint to it, I am having trouble removing it.
How has other people dealt with this issue?

Thanks
Chris

Danne

DNG is raw. Red tint in whatever app, Mlv App or acr for instance has all to do with color matrices, white balance and so on. Or maybe white level is strange, or the preset you use. Who knows.
If something is odd with the dng files when comparing Mlvfs or Mlv App you could show us your examples here. Also post your example dng files. The more specific and the more visual information you provide, the faster you´ll get correct solutions and answers.

ML700D

I tried MLVFS but has problem with pink dot that appear, how to solve this?

thanks.
EOS 700D

ML700D

hi @dmilligan thank you for your MLVFS. it's great!

it makes process easier and no need to convert the file.
btw, how to process dual ISO using MLVFS?

thanks.
EOS 700D

masc

Quote from: ML700D on April 22, 2021, 10:01:03 AM
btw, how to process dual ISO using MLVFS?
What about switching dualiso to "full 20bit" in MLVFS?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

ML700D

Quote from: masc on April 22, 2021, 10:40:47 AM
What about switching dualiso to "full 20bit" in MLVFS?

ohh.. thanks. I just know it  :D
EOS 700D

ML700D

hi @masc  :D
I've tried it but the footage look like this:

do I have mistake here?

EOS 700D

COMMANDES

Canon 650D, EOSM 2.02, M50 1.1.0

ustik86

[Mod: Full-Quote removed]

I can't download MLVFS.dmg for macOS because of the error on bitbucket. Can please someone upload the files to another place for download? Thanks!

ustik86

All I got is this error. I've tried different networks and computers - can't make it work...