MLVFS - a FUSE based, "on the fly" MLV to CDNG converter

Started by dmilligan, August 31, 2014, 02:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

futografia

Quote from: dmilligan on February 12, 2017, 03:27:13 AM
Works fine here. You're right clicking on a folder not an MLV file right?

Yeah, I'm dumb :)

thanks.

ibrahim

Hi,

I have converted MLV file to cDNGs using raw2cdng but got green cast on my footage.
Then I tried MLVFS resulting in no cast, but I wonder if the images are in 16 bit as in the case of my CDNGs generated via raw2cdng?
Canon 5D Mark IIIs | Ronin-M | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 planar | Zeiss 35mm 1.4 distagon  | Zeiss 24mm f2 distagon | Zeiss 85mm f1.4 planar
Dual sound system: Tascam DR-60d MKII | Audio Technica AT899 | Sennheiser MKE 600

dmilligan

The DNGs are 16 bits per pixel, but it makes no difference, the extra bits are just padding.

ibrahim

Canon 5D Mark IIIs | Ronin-M | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 planar | Zeiss 35mm 1.4 distagon  | Zeiss 24mm f2 distagon | Zeiss 85mm f1.4 planar
Dual sound system: Tascam DR-60d MKII | Audio Technica AT899 | Sennheiser MKE 600

futografia

Somebody knows approximately how long it will take to mount 600gb of footage?

dmilligan

Mounting doesn't take any time at all. It's indexing MLV files for the first time that might take a while. That should take on the order of the read speed of you storage device (indexing the files should be an I/O bound activity). Once your files are indexed or if they have already been index (e.g. you played them back in camera), you can play them immediately.

Danne

Color matrix 1 for eosm is not correct. just noticed. It should be the same as for 700D.

{ 6985, 10000, -1611, 10000, -397, 10000, -3596, 10000, 10749, 10000, 3295, 10000, -349, 10000, 1136, 10000, 6512, 10000 },

_OLLE_

Hi there, I have a issue with the audio sync in DR 12.5.

On the web pop up window it says I have audio but when I draging the cdng folders into the media pool I have no audio.

Plz help. What should I do?

Regards Olle

_OLLE_

no one that has any advice on how to get the auto audio sync from MLVFS to work in DR working??

DeafEyeJedi

Did you by any chance refresh the web browser after selecting "DaVinci Resolve" checkbox within MLVFS's web guide yet?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Danne

It,s working here. If you can,t provide logs or even a sample file there is not much help to give. Testing other converters as well as uploading a sample file will probably confirm what is not working on your end.

_OLLE_

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on February 28, 2017, 12:25:29 AM
Did you by any chance refresh the web browser after selecting "DaVinci Resolve" checkbox within MLVFS's web guide yet?

I have tried to refresh the web page!

Here are some screen shots and the log file inside the cdng folder. the folder also contains the waw file.
Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 19.41.53 by Olle Olsson, on Flickr Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 19.44.48 by Olle Olsson, on Flickr

Log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2mDAyOt5Qr0dTI0V0xWWHQ1T0E/view?usp=sharing

I really appreciate your support, thanks!

Danne

The log file is completely empty. Best if you upload the MLV file. If it,s too long just film a shorter sample and check if that also isn,t working before sharing it.

_OLLE_

Quote from: Danne on February 28, 2017, 08:11:22 PM
The log file is completely empty. Best if you upload the MLV file. If it,s too long just film a shorter sample and check if that also isn,t working before sharing it.

looks like all log files are zero bytes!

here is a MLV file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2mDAyOt5Qr0V1pjWDBvbDFuLUE/view?usp=sharing

Danne

There is no audio recorded. There is a zero byte wav file in mlvfs and when processed in mlv_dump there is no audio file at all. Did you set mlv_snd to on? Anyway, that,s probably your problem.

_OLLE_

Quote from: Danne on February 28, 2017, 09:58:19 PM
There is no audio recorded. There is a zero byte wav file in mlvfs and when processed in mlv_dump there is no audio file at all. Did you set mlv_snd to on? Anyway, that,s probably your problem.

yes of course mlv_snd was on! it´s weird that the web page of MLVFS says the it is out recorded tho. Maybe there is a bug with the build I use! thanks anyway.

Danne

I think mlvfs always keep a wav file whether audio was recorded or not so problem is elsewhere.

_OLLE_

Maybe, I´m definitely not an expert but when mlv_snd is off Mlvfs web page says no audio. Do you think it will work if I update ML with a newer build?

arboldeconfianza

Hi!, i can mount MLVFS and converter to DNG, buy i need help for use the GUI in LINUX!!!, if you guys can help me!?,and what is the better way to process LUTS with linux?, i appreciate all the work in this forum!!! thank youu! :)

slowlearner28

Is it possible to have filenames generated from the "DaVinci Resolve Naming Scheme" setting consistent across Mac and Windows versions?

For example, on the Mac, filenames appear like this: "M13-0137MLV_1_2017-02-13_0001_C0000"

On Windows, the same file will appear like this: "M13-0137_1_2017-02-13_0001_C0000"

Seems like an easy fix to omit the extra "MLV" in the Mac version, but I tried editing the source code in Xcode and for the life of me couldn't figure it out. I'm trying to share Resolve projects between Mac and Windows workstations, and having the naming scheme consistent would make re-linking files much easier. Thank you!!! Love MLVFS and love this forum!

dmilligan

Looking at the code, there's no reason they should be different. Unfortunately, I have no way to test or debug on Windows.

static int get_mlv_basename(const char *path, char ** mlv_basename)
{
    if(!(string_ends_with(path, ".MLV") || string_ends_with(path, ".mlv"))) return 0;
    char *temp = copy_string(path);
    const char *start = find_last_separator(temp) ? find_last_separator(temp) + 1 : temp;
    char *dot = strrchr(start, '.');
    if(dot == NULL) { free(temp); return 0; }
    *dot = '\0';
    struct frame_headers frame_headers;
    if(mlvfs.name_scheme == 1 && mlv_get_frame_headers(path, 0, &frame_headers))
    {
        *mlv_basename =  malloc(sizeof(char) * (strlen(start) + 1024));
        sprintf(*mlv_basename, "%s%s_1_%d-%02d-%02d_%04d_C%04d", start, dot + 1, 1900 + frame_headers.rtci_hdr.tm_year, frame_headers.rtci_hdr.tm_mon + 1, frame_headers.rtci_hdr.tm_mday, 1, 0);
    }
    else
    {
        *mlv_basename = copy_string(start);
    }
    free(temp);
    return 1;
}

Danne

Quoteand for the life of me couldn't figure it out.
+1
Spent some hours on trying omitting that MLV part myself  8)

dfort

I never noticed that before. The issue looks like it is on the Mac and not Windows. It is pretty easy to rename the files so they match the files on Windows:

Maybe fixing this on the Mac won't break it Windows?

dmilligan

dfort

Quote from: dmilligan on March 15, 2017, 03:18:51 AM
You can't rename virtual files.

Right, I was assuming he was copying the DNG files from one system to the other but that might be a false assumption. I tried some other Mac tricks like hiding the extension but the file names always came up with MLV in the name when using the DaVinci Resolve Naming Scheme. The default naming is fine.