MLVFS - a FUSE based, "on the fly" MLV to CDNG converter

Started by dmilligan, August 31, 2014, 02:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmilligan

bouncyball

@g3gg0

Quote from: g3gg0 on February 27, 2016, 11:04:37 AM
if you redownload, it might be a bit faster. i am caching internal structures now and skip checking for existense of the MLV file internally.

Nice :D you are on a good direction!

Plain copy mlvfs CPU usage: (tested on my home pc which is more powerful (1ghz diff) hence smaller numbers than in previous posts)
25feb build - average ~7-8%, peak ~18%
27feb build - average ~4-4.5% peak ~15%
Throughput about the same ~115mb/sec
Results are collected from 10 runs each, hence no placebo :)

In resolve 27feb build definitely snappier! almost no lug on play/pause/rewind/fast forward/scrub, however, not very-very-very sure 'bout it, could be a lil'bit placebo effect ;)

bb

dmilligan

Hopefully fixed fuse pass through issue on Mac (XMP sidecars not getting created), new build uploaded.

mothaibaphoto

Quote from: g3gg0 on February 27, 2016, 11:04:37 AM
if you redownload, it might be a bit faster.

mlvfs_wrap_getattr(1746): caught exception 0xC000001D at address 0xB664A3F3

As soon as i try to open virtual disk :(

bouncyball

Quote from: mothaibaphoto on February 27, 2016, 05:07:59 PM
mlvfs_wrap_getattr(1746): caught exception 0xC000001D at address 0xB664A3F3

Strange. None of exceptions here. And this is not the exception (mlvfs_wrap_read: 0xC0000005) I've been getting  in earlier builds, but when it was happening, I'm sure, cause of it was antivirus real time protection. Do you run mlvfs with administrator rights? Happens with all mlvs?

lanternman

Hi guys,

I'm on Windows 10 x64 and using the new port with Dokan and mlvfs x86.

Tried mounting my MLV video folder on a random drive letter (X or Z) and there weren't errors, but the drive did not appear in my windows file explorer. any idea how I can get it to show up on my Premiere Pro CC?
http://imgur.com/aPaKGJo

Walter Schulz

Are you able to access localhost:8000 in your web browser?

g3gg0

@dmilligan:
i created a new branch which is working already well on windows.
it features a proper subdir handling and rename/delete support without errors.

can you test if it does it compile on osx?
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

dmilligan

no, O_BINARY is not defined, nor is _unlink, and there are some implicit function declarations

in addition theres a bunch of const warnings for modifying the 'path' parameter, which is declared const, perhaps its best to make a copy

g3gg0

ah it is complaining about the implicit const to non-const conversion in e.g. mlvfs_resolve_path?
how picky clang is :)

thanks, found it. indeed modified const string.
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

dmilligan

seems to be working though

OSX Finder has issues copying files in and such but it always has. Command line cp works fine, except it reports: fchmod failed: Function not implemented (which has also been the case previously)

g3gg0

okay fixed these issues in repository hopefully. yay cool, looks good then.

i also added unlink and stafs (which returns fake data), it wasn't implemented before.

lanternman

Walter Schulz

Check:
Do you have VC++ Runtime installed? Install both, shouldn't bother.
Which Dokany version installed?
Do you have started CMD as Administrator?
Running
net start|find /I "DokanMounter"
should report
E:\MLVFS_x86\MLVFS_x86>net start|find /I "DokanMounter"
   DokanMounter

g3gg0

404 means that there is something missing. did you run it from the directory where it is installed?

Canon eos m

g3gg0, checked widows is uptodate but dokan still has installation error 0x80091007 - hash value is not correct
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

Canon eos m

g3gg0, if i use the old dokan on the opening page then the error is - the program cant start because dokanfuse.dll is missing from your computer. try installing the program to fix this problem
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

bouncyball

@g3gg0, dmilligan

compiled path_rework branch, win version of mlvfs in VS
commit e7a8e68 - with lot of warnings but ok
following commits (3 more) - failed with errors

mlvfs.h(137): error C2010: '.': unexpected in macro formal parameter list
mlvfs.h(139): error C2010: '.': unexpected in macro formal parameter list

bb

dmilligan

ah, boo microsoft

variadic macros work fine in gcc and clang

dmilligan

g3gg0

> Error   C2039   '_unlink': is not a member of 'fuse_operations'   mlvfs   D:\cygwin\home\g3gg0\git\mlvfs\mlvfs\main.c   1808      Build      

g3gg0

bouncyball

Compile latest path_rework branch -> OK! (with lots of warnings as usual)

Tested plain copy average cpu/speed: 3.5-4%/105-110mb/sec
Passtrough is working exept deletion as expected. No nasty exceptions so far.

Nice :)

Congrats!
bb

mothaibaphoto

So, I need to compile myself? I'm not sure if it will work with cygwin i just managed to compile ML itself...
Binaries from mlvfs_optimized.zip are the last one worked fast not furious for me with Resolve.
But now they claims for dokanfuse.dll while last MLVFS has dokanfuse1.dll.
I just renamed dokanfuse1.dll to dokanfuse.dll and happy until developers finally polish this great tool.

bouncyball

If you wanna test latest bin pm me. Can't just post it here. Would be interesting to see because you got some exception recently.