MLVFS - a FUSE based, "on the fly" MLV to CDNG converter

Started by dmilligan, August 31, 2014, 02:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

g3gg0

can you report that issue to the dokany devs?

edit: okay you already did :)
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

jogodedentro

@ottoga

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction I created the .bat and have localhost running in the web browser.

bouncyball

Oh! ;) meanwhile Dokan 1.0.0-RC1 has arrived ~20 hours ago! (didn't know it, dev have just told me)

No more experiencing problems with CloneDrive! but .... :)

@g3gg0: They changed/fixed lots of things and also related to dokan_fuse and dokanfuse.dll default location. Think you have to take a look at it.

edit: all dll and lib names changed so none of the versions of mlvfs work. Situation definitely needs your attention ;)

bb

michaelfilm

Hi everybody,

I´am new here, maybe I have an question that has already been answered...
- I have an Issue with MLVFS using After Effects CC (current version):

After adjusting the DNG in the Camera Raw Window, I get a sequence in After Effects, but the Raw-Adjustments only affects the first frame...

For any help, I would be very grateful.

g3gg0

and this doesnt happen when all files are in one directory on your HDD?
any files being created in that directory?
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

liryna

Hi everyone,

I am one of the dokan maintainers.

I just wanted to say that I added the MLVFS project to our home page http://dokan-dev.github.io/  ;)
https://github.com/dokan-dev/dokan-dev.github.io/commit/951b0a9d33cab3301566adc5d3222336cae526bf

If you need any help or remark about dokan, feel free to open an issue on github !

(I would specially be interested about your feelings in the dokan_fuse wrapper)

Thank your for using Dokan !

bouncyball

Quote from: g3gg0 on February 14, 2016, 09:20:19 PM
and this doesnt happen when all files are in one directory on your HDD?
Yes. Correct

Quote from: g3gg0 on February 14, 2016, 09:20:19 PM
any files being created in that directory?
Nope

After Effects tries to change the dng file metadata :) but alas...

Z:\M28-1253.MLV>fc /b M28-1253_000000.dng D:\DEST\M28-1253_000000.dng
Comparing files M28-1253_000000.dng and D:\DEST\M28-1253_000000.DNG
00000004: 08 00
00000005: 00 48
00000006: 00 40
FC: D:\DEST\M28-1253_000000.DNG longer than M28-1253_000000.dng

1st real file on HDD changes, others not

bb

g3gg0

hi liryna .

welcome to our board. and thanks for maintaining and pushing dokany!
i really appreciate your work :)

as of now we are very happy with dokan_fuse and only have minor, not yet closer analyzed glitches that ive seen on 1.0-beta.
e.g. when copying from MLVFS with explorer and cancelling that copy operation, dokan will crash somewhere in nowhere or call fuse cbr's with "ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd....." as filename.

but i have to
a) install the 1.0-rc and
b) use the debug versions plus
c) create logs for it :)

g3gg0

just tried dokan-1.0-rc debug with MLVFS and it just doesnt work anymore.
didnt change the code but fuse_main returns 1
no matter if i specify -f, -d, -o debug or all together.
no log messages, nothing.

anything that has changed?

dmilligan

Quote from: bouncyball on February 15, 2016, 05:20:26 PM
After Effects tries to change the dng file metadata :) but alas...

So MLVFS tells FUSE that the DNGs are writeable so they show up in the mount as writeable, but they aren't really (which would sort of impossible anyway). The reason it's like this is that ACR/AE refuses to open readonly DNGs, even though it doesn't actually need to write to them. On my Mac ACR doesn't actually try to put metadata in the DNGs, instead it creates XMP sidecar files and puts all its metadata there (there might be a setting for this somewhere for you). MLVFS allows a "passthrough" so programs can create and modify sidecar files like this inside the mount directory. It stores the actual files next to the MLV files in the real file system in an .MLD directory. You can put anything you want except .DNG and .WAV files into the mount. At least, this is how it is supposed to work, and how it works on Mac.

So you to get ACR to use sidecars and then make sure that MLVFS's passthrough works (just try to copy some file not ending in DNG or WAV into the mount)

bouncyball

@dmilligan

Thanx for your attention. Yes on my hakintosh AE works well. Have to look to the mounted folder.

Quote from: dmilligan on February 15, 2016, 11:41:12 PM
just try to copy some file not ending in DNG or WAV into the mount

That's exactly what I'm trying to do. Passtrough does not work under win. (I think g3gg0 already mentioned this)
In file explorer: copying file - no error but file is not there (no any .MLD). Making new dir or new file results in error message "file/folder name you are creating is too long" and I have not even input the file name yet.

edit: I'm kinda big fan of the "FAR manager" and using it many years and  just checked copying with it. Can not copy/create file, BUT... can create DIR and MLD appears in mounted folder (can not be deleted after that though, mkdir command does the same). Hmmm... strange and unpredictable behavior. (Bugs! Bugs are everywhere ;) )

bb

liryna

@g3gg0

Did you copy dokan1.dll in your runtime folder ?
dokan1.dll is no longer in system32 (for compatibility reason for past / next release).

If this doesn't work, could you open an issue on dokan repository with logs ?

Thank is advance

g3gg0

bouncyball

just symlinked:

MLVFS-DIR\dokan.dll -> DOKAN-RC1-DIR\dokan1.dll
MLVFS-DIR\dokanfuse.dll -> DOKAN-RC1-DIR\dokanfuse1.dll

and "mlvfs_x64" works again

bouncyball

@dmilligan

What the log file in the virtual mlv folder does? As I see it's always empty.

bb

dmilligan

The MLV file format spec supports embedding plain text blocks. If there is any in the MLV file, it will appear in the log. I've thought about including other diagnostic information in this file too, like a dump of the header info.

I think currently the only thing that will write these text blocks in the MLV file is if you turn on the debug tracing option (I think you have to load trace.mo too).

bouncyball

g3gg0

@dmilligan:
whenever mlv_rec gets a keypress signalled, it will create a "MARK" block.
do you think there is a good use case for it? e.g. insert a text file for this frame number.

same for blocks like LENS which will update sporadically and will reflect aperture and focal length, focal distance etc.
this data could be used on a per-frame basis.

g3gg0

well, i dont get any crashes anymore when aborting copy operations with dokan 1.0-rc

MLVFS_x86 or MLVFS_x64 to be used with dokan 1.0-rc -> DokanSetup.exe

make sure you uninstall the old version first.

dmilligan

There might be something in the CDNG spec for markers, I'll have to take a look. Another possibility is an option that breaks them up into separate sequences, so restart the numbering of the DNGs with a different prefix or something like that.

bouncyball

Quote from: g3gg0 on February 17, 2016, 09:45:07 PM
MLVFS_x86 or MLVFS_x64 to be used with dokan 1.0-rc -> DokanSetup.exe

@g3gg0: Great, Thanx! :)
Can you look at the creating .MLD folder bug? e.g. make passthrough mode normally work on win.

edit: Exceptions (at 2 addresses) below caught while maniputating DNGs in Premiere Pro, e. g. stoping starting, scrubing back and forward and changing "lumetri color" parameters. MLVFS does not stop entirely just hickups and running while prevew freezes in premiere. It seems MLVFS does not like random file access very much :)

E:\MLVFS_old>mlvfs_x64.exe Z: --mlv-dir=E:\MLV
mlvfs_wrap_read(1512): caught exception 0xC0000005 at address 0xBED5C877
mlvfs_wrap_read(1512): caught exception 0xC0000005 at address 0xC476FD74
mlvfs_wrap_read(1512): caught exception 0xC0000005 at address 0xC476FD74

bb

bouncyball

@g3gg0, dmilligan

This exeption 0xC0000005 - generated as far as I understand on "segmentation fault"/"access violation" (accesssing virtual/physical memory - the state of wich is not allowing that access) - occurs when you are stopping and starting playing dng sequence in premiere or resolve. It is similar to the situation when you are copying files and then suddenly canceling it. As g3gg0 mentioned above this randomly was ending by a crash (after printing this exeption as I've seen).

x86 version gives a little bit different numbers:
mlvfs_wrap_read(1505 <- is it line number or what?) and surely another virtual address.

E:\MLVFS_x86>mlvfs_x86.exe Z: --mlv-dir=E:\MLV
mlvfs_wrap_read(1505): caught exception 0xC0000005 at address 0x6A70D72E

In short mlvfs completely crashes very rearly, but exeption is generated almost on every play/stop while prog goes on runnig-hickup-running.

Unfortunatelly I'm not a c/c++ dev in any way.

bb

g3gg0

can you redownload from the same URL and test again?
it also contains debug info that will slow down the tool.

the things not working:

- editing *.dng, *.gif, *.log, *.wav of a virtual MLV folder (subdirs are okay)
- placing *.dng, *.gif, *.log, *.wav into a virtual MLV folder (subdirs are okay)
- copying/moving *.dng, *.gif, *.log, *.wav of a virtual MLV folder into a subdirectory
- deleting folders (https://github.com/dokan-dev/dokany/pull/166)

Lasting Image

Quote from: dmilligan on February 15, 2016, 11:41:12 PM
At least, this is how it is supposed to work, and how it works on Mac.

I'm using a Mac and have the same problem where only the first dng in the After Effects sequence has the Camera Raw corrections. There's a video I saw where Reddeercity uses Camera Raw in After Effects on the first dng and each subsequent dng has the corrections - not just the first. I'm not noticing any difference in what I'm attempting from the settings in reddeercity's video (I think). Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? In other threads I recall people complaining about later versions of After Effects. Could it be an issue with the latest version of AE CC?