MLVFS - a FUSE based, "on the fly" MLV to CDNG converter

Started by dmilligan, August 31, 2014, 02:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hjfilmspeed

Walter Schulz

http://magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16422.msg159671#msg159671
QuotePlus I show how to install MLVFS for windows including register the MLV formatter .dll

Or try running OS X with standard PC hardware. AKA Hackintosh. 2 machines running here.

Licaon_Kter

Or you can get a Linux VM (try a lighter one like Lubuntu) started in VirtualBox, extract the DNGs with MLVFS and put them in the shared folder.

Lars Steenhoff

Great progress !
The example from dmilligan looks super clean !

swinxx

hello!

i have a problem with the new version of mlvfs.. when i try to mount a dir with mlv files, i select the mountpoint (same hdd as ever) and then the files start to load (the dir is without idx files) then suddenly the mlvfs mounting points disappear suddenly? is my system broken?
thx

dmilligan

dmilligan

@baldavenger,
I think those artifacts are due to a bug on my part, not a result of a1ex's algorithm. I think I fixed it, will compile a new build soon. Working on some optimizations to make it faster.

budafilms

I don't know if this helps to Devs and research: in the open source soft called HandBreak, in settings, are a couple of new function about Noise Reduction and works very well, results very similar as the noise reduction from Davinci Resolve Studio.

;)

DeafEyeJedi

You mean for NR to be implemented into MLVFS, @budafilms?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

MortenSJ

Quick question. Am i supposed to go into the mounted folder/drive and copy the MLV folders to another folder?

I get the mounted drive and when i click it, i see my folders, but i'm not really sure what to do after that?

Licaon_Kter

Quote from: MortenSJ on January 19, 2016, 04:19:50 AMQuick question. Am i supposed to go into the mounted folder/drive and copy the MLV folders to another folder?
You do what you want, you can copy the DNG files somewhere else and use those (keep MLV or not), or use them straight from that folder (realtime decoding FTW!).

ArthurX

Hi All,

Thanks for the great work you are all doing. I use MagicLantern for a long time. But I am new to Raw ML video. I use Debian and try to install mlvfs,
but get this error message:
Main point can not  find fuse.h and
hdiutil

main.c:33:18: fatal error: fuse.h: No such file or directory
#include <fuse.h>
                  ^
compilation terminated.
Makefile:35: recipe for target 'mlvfs' failed
make: *** [mlvfs] Error 1
make: Leaving directory '/usr/local/src/mlvfs/mlvfs'
cp: cannot stat 'mlvfs/mlvfs': No such file or directory
/usr/local/src/mlvfs/build_installer.sh: 22: /usr/local/src/mlvfs/build_installer.sh: hdiutil: not found
/usr/local/src/mlvfs/build_installer.sh: 23: /usr/local/src/mlvfs/build_installer.sh: hdiutil: not found
/usr/local/src/mlvfs/build_installer.sh: 28: /usr/local/src/mlvfs/build_installer.sh: hdiutil: not found
/usr/local/src/mlvfs/build_installer.sh: 29: /usr/local/src/mlvfs/build_installer.sh: hdiutil: not found

I looked around to find the hdiutil package, couldnt find it myself.

thanks in advance,
Greetings Arthur

Licaon_Kter

Quote from: ArthurX on January 19, 2016, 03:32:48 PM
main.c:33:18: fatal error: fuse.h: No such file or directory

-> https://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=fuse.h&mode=path&suite=stable&arch=any -> apt-get install libfuse-dev

Quote from: ArthurX on January 19, 2016, 03:32:48 PM
/usr/local/src/mlvfs/build_installer.sh: 22: /usr/local/src/mlvfs/build_installer.sh: hdiutil: not found

No you don't run the .SH, is for Mac (I guess), anyway, after a successful compile, put mlvfs in /usr/local/bin/ and that's it

dmilligan

apt-get install libfuse-dev
Or something like that.

The build_installer.sh is only for Mac. It creates a Automator workflow and Mac dmg using a Mac utility called hdiutil.

To "install" MLVFS on Linux, just 'make' and then copy the executable somewhere on your path.

ArthurX

Milligan and Licaon,
Thanks a lot. It works like a charm. :) :D
Have to start using it now. The video is playing in the localhost:8000
Arthur

ibrahim

I've installed the files pfm-178-win-exe and mlvf.dll and put them in one and the same folder. From the thread I learned that the v.1.7.8 is more stable for my win 7.

Might be a stupid question, but how exactly do I carry out the following step:

QuoteThen register the MLV formatter DLL:
Code: [Select]
pfm register mlvfs.dll
Unlike the FUSE approach on the other platforms, you mount each MLV file individually: right-click on an MLV file and select "Quick Mount".
If you wish, you can build the MLV formatter DLL yourself by installing the Windows SDK and running nmake using the SDK command prompt in the mlvfs/win directory.

Canon 5D Mark IIIs | Ronin-M | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 planar | Zeiss 35mm 1.4 distagon  | Zeiss 24mm f2 distagon | Zeiss 85mm f1.4 planar
Dual sound system: Tascam DR-60d MKII | Audio Technica AT899 | Sennheiser MKE 600

reddeercity

Quote from: ibrahim on January 19, 2016, 07:27:39 PM
I've installed the files pfm-178-win-exe and mlvf.dll and put them in one and the same folder. From the thread I learned that the v.1.7.8 is more stable for my win 7.
Might be a stupid question, but how exactly do I carry out the following step:

Read this post , should help New PC Tools to replace ACR & A.E. with same or better results (Without Resolve)

FYI , I use pfm-171-win-exe on my Win7 pro Laptop & Desktop Workstation works just fine.
If you have your MLV files on a SSD then mount it , it will work a lot better then off the memory card .

ibrahim

Thanks.
I have installed pfm-178-win-exe and followed the first part of the video tutorial (installed the DNG codec and registered the dll).

When I mount the .MLV RAW footage the DNGs are exported into c drive > volume. However, I still see horizontal lines (dual ISO); it hasn't been processed. What's the missing step?
Canon 5D Mark IIIs | Ronin-M | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 planar | Zeiss 35mm 1.4 distagon  | Zeiss 24mm f2 distagon | Zeiss 85mm f1.4 planar
Dual sound system: Tascam DR-60d MKII | Audio Technica AT899 | Sennheiser MKE 600

dmilligan

Windows version is way behind and does not support dual ISO conversion.

Licaon_Kter

ibrahim

Licaon_Kter

Quote from: ibrahim on January 20, 2016, 12:07:20 AM
Is this the workflow to handle dual iso in windows or in linux?
You will export the processed dual-iso files in Linux and you can copy them to Windows.

ibrahim

Using linux on my windows and then return to windows?... :D Sounds confusing. :(
Is there another way to remove noise from my footages without using dual iso+ETTR? That is why I am trying to use dual iso+ETTR.

Licaon_Kter

PaulHarwood856

Hello everyone,

I'm having a difficult time with MLVFS. I have vertical banding in my shots, and even with the vertical stripes fix on, the dng files are not changing. I am shooting on a 7D. Is there a step I'm missing? It seems when the directory pops up on Safari everything is fine, but even with Chroma Smoothing 2x2 I get weird purple and green artifacts, almost like dead pixels. In MlRawviewer (I know it's not developed anymore) I don't get vertical stripes. I'm guessing since there is less detail in this program and because the vertical stripe fix works in MLRawviewer. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

- Paul Harwood