MLVFS - a FUSE based, "on the fly" MLV to CDNG converter

Started by dmilligan, August 31, 2014, 02:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedr

@dmilligan That's definitely not working for me. If I mount a directory that contains sub directories, the web UI does show the subdirs, but then locks up when I try and navigate into one. DR is the same - it shows the top-level dirs, then locks up (spinning beachball) for a while, then the directories disappear and the mounted MLVFS drive unmounts.

I can mount individual dirs by themselves though.

If I can help you debug - send logs etc just ask.

dmilligan

Quote from: Pedr on February 19, 2015, 06:33:31 PM
If I can help you debug - send logs etc just ask.
you will find crash logs here: ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

Pedr

@dmilligan Got plenty of mlrawviewer .crash files, but nothing relating to MLVFS.

dmilligan

If the mount disappears that means MLFVS crashed, and if it crashed there should be a crash report.

I've never seen or had any issues with subdirectories, I use them all the time, so my guess is it's something else besides the fact that you are using subdirectories that is the real problem. Make sure you don't have any strange characters in any file or folder names. Try different combinations of MLV files and folder structures. For example, if you have a directory that mounts correctly by itself, put it in another directory and mount that.

DeafEyeJedi

@dmilligan:

I was referring to when you use mouse and right-click then scroll down to 'back' to get back into thumbnail mode.

Regardless of which web browser -- Is this the only way?

And not the backspace button - correct?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

dmilligan

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on February 20, 2015, 07:49:47 AM
I was referring to when you use mouse and right-click then scroll down to 'back' to get back into thumbnail mode.
I don't really know what you mean by "thumbnail mode". If you are right clicking on something and bringing up a context menu, then that has absolutely nothing to do with MLVFS, because there are no context menus or "back" or anything like that in MLVFS. If you click on a hyperlink in the webgui and it takes you to another page and you want to get back to the previous page, then how you do that depends on the browser you are using and the various ways it lets you go back to the previous page. The button in the top left corner of the window with an icon of a back arrow is the back button on almost all browsers, and there are numerous other ways that are browser specific. Here's a list of keyboard shortcuts for Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/157179?hl=en&ref_topic=25799 I'm sure you can find a similar list for whatever browser you are using.

Pedr

@dmilligan That makes sense. I'll try and narrow down the issue later today. Anyway. It's a great approach. Thanks for all your work.

DeafEyeJedi

@dmilligan -- you were right it had nothing to do with MLVFS so my fault on that.

However, I did figured it out by going through the advance settings within Safari's.

Thank you for the clarification again.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

dmilligan

I had some time to test and clear up some bugs with the gif previews, it seems to be pretty stable now, so I have updated the main MLVFS.dmg download with the new gif previews feature. (if you were testing the gif previews, I recommend d/l the latest, lots of bugs/crashes have been fixed).

chainick

On Windows 7 for recursive mount mlv-files I use item in context menu on folder

Create AddItemToMenu.reg file and run it.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\PismoRecursiveMount]
"MUIVerb"="Pismo recursive mount"
"Position"="Top"
"Icon"="C:\\Program Files\\Pismo File Mount Audit Package\\pfmcontrol.exe"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\PismoRecursiveMount\command]
@="cmd.exe /c for /r \"%1\" %%i in (*.mlv) do pfm mount \"%%i\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\PismoRecursiveUnmount]
"MUIVerb"="Pismo recursive unmount"
"Position"="Top"
"Icon"="C:\\Program Files\\Pismo File Mount Audit Package\\pfmcontrol.exe"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\PismoRecursiveUnmount\command]
@="cmd.exe /c for /r \"%1\" /d %%i in (*.mlv) do pfm unmount \"%%i\""

Markus

Quote from: chainick on February 22, 2015, 09:16:40 AM
On Windows 7 for recursive mount mlv-files I use item in context menu

Whats the difference between recursive mount and quickmount? I already have quick mount option to mount mlvs when right-clicking files?

chainick

What will you do if folders nested? For example see next structure of folders:
MyProject
  Day1
    CamA
    СamB
  Day2
    CamA
    CamB

I propose on MyProject folder call to context menu  and run recursive mount.

sgofferj

18+ years Linux user, wolf-fan, hobby photographer and -filmmaker
EOS 6D, EOS 7D

dmilligan

sgofferj

With sudo, yes. But that kinda defeats the idea of userspace tools, doesn't it? :)
18+ years Linux user, wolf-fan, hobby photographer and -filmmaker
EOS 6D, EOS 7D

dmilligan

no, userspace vs. kernel is not the same thing as root vs. standard user, there are plenty of userspace programs that must be run as root.

surami

Any news for a Windows update? I can't import new MLVs (DNG sequences) into AE... the interesting things is, that old MLVs (DNG sequences) are working properly. Is this because of the version differenc of MLs? What can cause this thing?
550D + nightly ML

Frank7D

surami,

Using Pismo, I assume? (as opposed to g3gg0's MLVS Windows Client)
Which ML version?
What symptoms when try to import into AE?

surami

@Frank7D

Yes, I'm using Pismo File Mount + the latest mlvfs.dll (by ayshih). As I remember the old MLV was created with a nightly build from previous year, somewhere in april and the new MLV is created with a build from this year, january. Are you using Pismo too? If yes, could you try the files.

I get this error in AE "the file format module could not parse the file" 45::35, when i try to import the new MLV's DNG sequence. I can adjust the settings in ACR, but after click on OK, the error window comes into my face.

In theory the mlv_rec modul should be the problematic thing or not? I think this because everything works perfectly with the old MLV.
550D + nightly ML

Frank7D

surami,

Using your mlv file, I reproduced this error.
Actually, this had happened to me as well, using "magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2014Feb27.7D203" build.
It only happened the first time I used the build (for several clips). Since then, no problem.

The problem only affects the first frame of the clip; if you advance to the second frame there is no error.

Not sure the best way to handle the problem clips you already have. In my case, I set the work area to start at the second frame and rendered starting there.

surami

@Frank7D

Thanks for your time to check the MLVs.

This mentioned trick isn't working for me. Another converter like raw2cdng produces good DNG sequence, what I can import into AE, but it would be better not to store unnecessarily the files.
Ayshih, please come back for an update :) or where lies the rub?

550D + nightly ML

dmilligan

swinxx

@dmilligan:

hi,

may i report a bug within mlvfs which i found today:

today i had a shoot with some slowmo takes. 50fps/5d mk3
i tried to span it over 2 cards while recording to squeeze everything out of the slots :) (CF as main and SD as secondary recording card.)

now i am at home and when i mount those files with mlvfs i get some missing frames within the take. it looks like those sd card frames are missing.
when i convert it with mlrawviewer instead, the frames are all there and it looks ok.

i stumbled upon another problem.
when the take was longer ml splitted the files on the cf cards. so i have a mlv and a m00 files.
on the sd card i also have a m00 file from the same take. when i copy them together onto the hdd the sd card files got renamed (cause they are the same m00 as on the cf card.)

on the hdd the files are: mlv, m00 and m00 2.
when mounted with mlvfs those takes are also weired.

those files are also weired (frames skipping) with mlrawviewer.

can you please take a quick look if there is something to tune within mlvfs, or how i should name my files to convert them correctly with mlvfs.

i also noticed that mlrawiewer converted dngs are bout 1.3mb and mlvfs dngs are 2.5mb

havent you implemented 2 compressing feature formats?
where can i find that, cause in the webinterface there is no compressing feature.

thank you very much. and hope to hear from you soon,

swin

dmilligan

For the spanning issue, can you send me example files? I have no way to test spanning myself.

Rename spanned files so that you have .mlv, .m00, .m01, .m02, .m03, etc. it doesn't matter which files get which number, you just need to have every number sequential.

I did not implement compressed output, nor do I ever plan on that, there's no point. I implemented MLVFS being able read MLV files that have been compressed (you can use mlv_dump to compress MLV files).

swinxx

@dmilligan:

thx for your help.

i tried some files with mlrawviewer with success - not all..
within mlvfs there are missing frames (i think these frames are from the sd card which do not find the way back to the source)

i am uploading the files now:
https://copy.com/ulsYvGWuzA80BCIz

in the directory 1 for example mlrawviewer works fine, but with mlvfs there are frames missing.
in the dir 2 the recording stopped and ml created many files from mlv to m08 on the cf card. on the sd card there are also many files from the same take m00,.. m08. i renamed the second charge to m09-m16 and within mlrawviewer this is also working well.

Thank you so much, swinxx