MLVFS - a FUSE based, "on the fly" MLV to CDNG converter

Started by dmilligan, August 31, 2014, 02:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

papasapien

come to think of it i think i have a problem. i dont think focus pixel maps are working at all. all of my videos have focus pixels in them can someone help?. im using the dokan 1.0.3. and the x64 version of mlvfs. thank you.

bouncyball

You need to provide me with the sample MLV. Then I'll check what is the cause of focus pixels not working in your case.

bouncyball

Download this map and put it to the folder with MLVFS binary.

Then report back :)

good luck
bb

Danne

Looks good to me. I´ll be using it in Switch as well.

14bit(notice the stinky hot pixels created)

12bit

10bit

papasapien

12georgiadis

Hi !
Does MLVFS features "the pattern noise" function that exists in MLV app ?

tonij

Hi,
It seems I've got a stability issue with MLVFS and I'm after some help. I'm using Windows 7 on my Macbook.
I periodically get popup messages saying MLVFS has stopped working and I have no choice but to close off my project and load up MLVFS again.
I've been living with this issue for a while but trying to work with 1TB worth of footage and having MLVFS always stopping has put me to a halt.

Danne

tonij

Quote from: Danne on January 03, 2018, 11:57:29 AM
Why are you running windows version on a macbook?

Windows is just what I'm comfortable using

dmilligan

Upload a crash dump or at the very least the console output

tonij

Quote from: dmilligan on January 04, 2018, 01:28:40 AM
Upload a crash dump or at the very least the console output

I thought the issue went away after I uninstalled/reinstalled some Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable things but it still crashes.
Where exactly do I get the crash dump from?

Also it's MLVFS 32-bit I'm using on a 64-bit system, is that what I'm supposed to be using?

IDA_ML

Tonij,

Here is a brief instruction on how I got MLVFS wokling:

----------------------------------------------------------------

For those MLVFS users on Win7 x64 please note:  Win7 x64 works well with the 32-bit versions of your MLVFS software but crashes with the 64-bit ones.

1) Uninstall the Dokany 0.8.0 library and restart your PC

2) Install the DokanSetup_redist-1.0.5.1000 package

3) Copy the two files from Bouncyball's ZIP file into your MLVFS_x86 directory.  Please download the ZIP file from here in the next 7 days:

https://we.tl/i1EveIQ461

4) Rename the old mlvfs.exe to mlvfs_old.exe in case you wish to revert and rename mlvfz.exe to mlvfs.exe

5) http://localhost:8000/

6) Enjoy MLVFS working also with losslessly compressed MLV files !

tonij

Thanks IDA_ML I'd like to give it a go.
Where can I get the DokanSetup_redist-1.0.5.1000 package from?

tonij

Thanks IDA_ML,
So I followed your instructions and got MLVFS working, but when I open up an existing project in Premiere I can't get smooth playback in the timeline anymore it freezes after only a few seconds of playback. Wasn't like that before.
I cleared Adobe media cache but it didn't help. Is there something I can clear/reset on the MLVFS side of things?

@dmilligan,
I found what I assume is a MLVFS crash dump file (42mb) https://ufile.io/fe8r3

IDA_ML

I am sorry, I cannot help you with Premiere.  I use Resolve and have no problems with the above MLVFS installation.  Works perfectly!

voblaunsane

Quote from: tonij on January 10, 2018, 01:43:37 AM
but when I open up an existing project in Premiere I can't get smooth playback in the timeline anymore it freezes after only a few seconds of playback. Wasn't like that before.

I haven't used MLVFS for a while now so a few things might have been upgraded, but I encountered this problem you describe with 23.9fps footage and 25fps seemed to be working well...

tonij

Quote from: voblaunsane on January 12, 2018, 08:37:47 PM
I haven't used MLVFS for a while now so a few things might have been upgraded, but I encountered this problem you describe with 23.9fps footage and 25fps seemed to be working well...

Now that you mention it all my footage is 23.976fps. I'll have to try another frame rate and see...

chchrlam

I had a problem with focus pixels appearing in the MLVFS dng files:

650D with magiclantern-Nightly.2017Dec07.650D104
24 FPS 1280x720 and 24 FPS 12870x720 600D movie crop mode

I copied 80000301_1808x1190.fpm to 80000301_1808x1189.fpm and the problem went away.
Now MLVFS reports: Loading focus pixel map '80000301_1808x1189.fpm
and all the pink dots are gone

Cheers

Edit: Needed to copy 80000301_1872x1060.fpm  to 80000301_1872x1059.fpm for the 1x1 subsampling 600D crop-mode

dfort

The latest focus pixel map files are here:

https://bitbucket.org/daniel_fort/ml-focus-pixels/src/8bf385a7e828aa07aa605bc911ea94921b5c3c58/focus_pixel_map_files/?at=default

As you discovered there is a lot of duplication in the map files. Read the focus pixel topic if you're curious why that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcw1979

Hi.

Is there an option to add a lut? I dont see an option but thought I would ask in case Ive just missed it. Thanks

BTP253

Hi there,
Sorry if this is a stupid question, I run MLVFS and choose my empty file however I always receive this message:

Im running Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.3
Any help would be much appreciated

haeki

Hi, sadly I can't bring MLVFS back to life. I had it working back in 2017, but now it's not working anymore. Updated both, fuse and mlvfs but the dialog to choose the mountingfolder doesn't pop up and the gear keeps on turning staying at 0%. Any suggestions?

I'm on a mac 10.12.6

Kind regards