Dumb question but...

Started by hog120, August 24, 2014, 05:00:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hog120

What program do you use to view your .RAW files on you computer once you've shot them?  I've already loaded ML on to my CF card and can shoot RAW, but wondered what program used to view the .RAW video once it has been shot?

hog120

Resolve isn't working btw, it's asking for a license dongle, and I just wanted to try the free version first.

ItsMeLenny

There's many many forum posts already dedicated to this.
All in the "Raw Video Post-processing" board: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?board=54.0

An easy program for viewing and converting is MlRawViewer:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9560.0
With Linux, Windows, and Mac versions.

However there are many more programs.

hog120

Does that work on windows 8.1 64bit?

jimmyD30

Quote from: hog120 on August 24, 2014, 05:15:47 AM
Resolve isn't working btw, it's asking for a license dongle, and I just wanted to try the free version first.

You probably downloaded the wrong version, carefully read the version descriptions on their website, especially the app title, it's easy to download the wrong version.

ItsMeLenny

Quote from: hog120 on August 24, 2014, 04:33:22 PM
Does that work on windows 8.1 64bit?

Amazing job at not reading anything despite the fact that I even directed you to the page.
Let's see if you can read the following quote from the page:
"A binary release or source build can be used. The binary release is known to work properly with Windows 7 (32bit or 64bit). It should also work with Window 8. Source builds may work with earlier Windows versions."

hog120

You're right, it says it should work with windows 8.  But when the extension ends with win32, you can see that asking for confirmation from users using win8.1 64bit that it works isn't such a bad question.  Notice the title of this thread.  Just asking.  BTW, you seem knowledgeable, what software do you use?  Thanks.

ItsMeLenny

Quote from: hog120 on August 25, 2014, 05:37:57 AM
But when the extension ends with win32, you can see that asking for confirmation from users using win8.1 64bit

Point taken. ;)
For the record, just in the case of any program, 32 bit programs work on 64 bit windows, however 64 bit does not work on 32 bit.
Microsoft includes the 32 bit libs for backwards compatibility and such.

what software do you use?

I don't shoot in raw, but the tests I have done I use that MlRawViewer to view it.
However I am on ubuntu (gnu/linux) 64 bit, and I build/run it from source.
(In addition to I have contributed slightly to the source, only minor things, nothing close to the work that baldand has put in).

Thanks.

No problems. (Despite my sassy attitude :P )