The Grit Filter - Comedy VFX Short - 7D ML Nightly Build

Started by markdfilms, August 18, 2014, 03:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markdfilms

Hey guys! My team and I have been using ML on all of our vids for awhile now, and we've come to appreciate some of the "smaller" features that it brings. RAW video is awesome, but one of our favorite features is the focus peaking display. We shoot all of our shorts very guerrilla style so many times it's hard to see when something gets thrown softly out of focus. The peaking display really helps us out on that front, at least to reduce poor focus racking.

Anyway, this latest short vid pokes fun at the world of gritty filmmaking. We're in the middle of building our audience, so if you like what you see, please consider subscribing. We have a lot more content coming out! As always, any and all of your feedback is encouraged, hope you enjoy!

Spooke

Very well done, great film work - you guys deserve way more views than what you have! What settings did you use on your 7D? (just bought one).

poromaa

Great film! What you should have added is ADR or something so that the sound got a bit better. Anyway really funny and great acting!

markdfilms

Thanks guys! Yeah trying to get attention for new videos is tough when you're just starting out, so we're trying to spread it as best as possible! We just released it this morning so you guys watching it now are the first step haha.

Our 7D settings were fairly straight forward, actually shot with auto white balance for the pre-app sequences to make it look as close to no budget as possible, our ISO never went above 640, including the night time shots and interiors. Luckily we had fast lenses so low light situations weren't too big of an issue. Our shutter angle was locked to as close to 180 degrees, we had to use the shutter fine tuning in ML to get it there. I believe we were able to get the shutter to about 1/48th after the fine tuning was done. Then we turned on the 7D's peaking function built in with ML.

We're always happy to hear when people enjoy the cast performances as well!