New to RAW and having difficulty - PLEASE HELP!

Started by CameraOnFilms, August 17, 2014, 05:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CameraOnFilms

Hey Guys and Girls

I took the plunge and installed ML onto my 60D the other day and have been keen to try it out even though I know there are some limitations and issues shooting RAW with the 60D.  Anyway I went for it and tried it out the other day. The shoot was just me at the Zoo with my family but from what I could tell I managed to shoot some RAW clips and came back today to look at the post workflow.

First question, I have .MLV files not the .RAW I was expecting.  I understand that this is the new Raw recording format from ML so not too much of a problem.  I am on a Mac and was trying to find a way to get my .MLVs into a DNG format so I could go about working with the clips.  Couldn't find a way of doing ti though on a Mac platform so bought RAWMagic from the App store to see if this worked as it claimed.  It seems to do the job unpacking the .MLV into a .DNG sequence but the image looks really odd and not anywhere close to what I'd expect to see.  I have attached a pic below and would really appreciate someones help in telling me where the heck I went wrong!

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s3/sh/bc61bcb9-3cb6-4b84-9bd2-b4ca1a61965b/7f691a0b34397743841e68d192eb0c9f

dyfid

Looks like you totally over exposed the shot or whatever you're viewing the DNG in is making a mess of it. I've seen similar pattens in Canon h264 in over exposed areas. Can you post the DNG?

jimmyD30

Try another mlv to dng converter and see what you get.

Midphase

Quote from: CameraOnFilms on August 17, 2014, 05:58:22 PM
  I have attached a pic below and would really appreciate someones help in telling me where the heck I went wrong!

It is possible you're accidentally shooting in Dual ISO mode? I don't think RAWMagic is the issue here, I think there is some exposure issue for sure, but that is what is leading me to believe you might be accidentally shooting in Dual ISO.