ML menu on 7D displayed as cells of a table

Started by Kim, August 14, 2014, 12:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kim

Hi, I just started learning to use ML. Many thanks for all the developers who create this wonderful software.
I have put on my 7D a recent nightly build ML firmware. Trying to configure the menu, the menu display changed: instead of line menu it suddenly took the form of a table where each menu line became a cell. I had to restart ML defaults. I searched on the forum for a mention of such a thing but I did not find.
Is there a command which switches the display between lines and cells? where? Thanks.

Spooke

Quote from: Kim on August 14, 2014, 12:04:15 AM
Hi, I just started learning to use ML. Many thanks for all the developers who create this wonderful software.
I have put on my 7D a recent nightly build ML firmware. Trying to configure the menu, the menu display changed: instead of line menu it suddenly took the form of a table where each menu line became a cell. I had to restart ML defaults. I searched on the forum for a mention of such a thing but I did not find.
Is there a command which switches the display between lines and cells? where? Thanks.

Press the 'Menu' button  :)

ayshih

This mode is called junkie mode, and it's actually mentioned on the Help tab.
Canon EOS 50D | 17–40mm f/4L & 70–300mm f/4.5–5.6 DO IS | Lexar 1066x

Kim

Thanks a lot. Still learning. My first attempt to use RAW MLV movie mode got my camera stalled with BUSY on LCD (it was morning not dark) until I took off the battery. I have a long way to go.

If of any use, when it stalled, I had ASSERT files such as:

ML ASSERT:
lv
at ../../src/raw.c:1769 (raw_lv_request), task ettr_task
lv:0 mode:2

Magic Lantern version : Nightly.2014Aug08.7D203
Mercurial changeset   : 3288e152d8ae (unified) tip
Built on 2014-08-08 11:47:40 UTC by [email protected].
Free Memory  : 264K + 2599K