Help! My video has too much noise. I need Optimal settings for 600D

Started by YourMom, August 13, 2014, 09:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YourMom

I can't seem to get any raw video shots without noise on the 600D, daylight, lowlight or otherwise.  I'm trying to use neat video only as a last resort, because it tends to soften the image, I'm aware that I can sharpen it, but it just isn't the same. I understand that I am unable to get perfect results with the 600D, but I don't think I'm getting optimal results. Can somebody please recommend the most ideal settings as far as aperture, shutter speed and ISO?  I'm kind of new to messing with raw, but once I got a taste, I just can't go back to h264.  Please help! Any suggestions for daylight and lowlight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

crazyrunner33

Try posting a link to a single DNG example along with the settings you used. It sounds like you may be underexposing the shot, but we won't know for sure until we can see a DNG. Try exposing to the right to see if that helps.

Also, keep in mind that camera will apply noise reduction when shooting H.264, but that's not the case with RAW.
5D Mark III, 7D

YourMom

Crazyrunner33

Here's a video I did, I used neat video on some clips, but for actual projects I'm trying to use it only as needed.  These shots have already been color corrected though. I don't have any original DNG handy right now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6o6onanswqruisi/Izzy%20Patio.mov

If I remember correctly, all my daylight shots were at 100 ISO, majority at f3.5, but shutterspeeds were all over, I was playing around quite a bit.  I believe my night shot was at 800ISO, f3.5 and 1/2000.  Like I said, I'm fairly new to this, so I'm pretty ignorant as to what those settings should be ideally, for each situation. When you say move the exposure to the right, are you referring to doing so during the color color/exposure correlation process? 

Doyle4

Looks to me shadows have been lightened and the black levels?