T3i movie stops recording automatically after a few seconds?

Started by evanp127, August 12, 2014, 07:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evanp127

OK I've been all over the internet what the problem could be and here are the answers I've come across.

1. The memory card is too slow, get a faster card. I have a Sandisk Ultra SD HC 30 MB/s, class 10, 32 GB
2. The camera is over heating. The camera doesn't feel hot
3. Memory card is getting full. My memory card has plenty of room
4. Reformat the card. Still has not fixed anything.

Anyone else having this problem how I could fix this?

Walter Schulz

As long as you won't add any information about the cam you used or which ML version or in which video mode you are recording (H.264/RAW/MLV) or tell us which resolution and framerate you have and what the cam is telling you about required bandwidth or which modules are loaded or you used Global Draw or not ...

dyfid

You need a faster card, something like a 95MB/s Sandisk, 16GB or bigger. Format to ExFAT. The SRM builds will give you double record times, for example 1280x544 for about 15 - 20secs at 23.976.

Search the forums though for your specific camera and give more useful info or you'll get arsy obnoxious answers or just be ignored. Help yourself and search first.

YourMom

Sorry, I'm here to ask a different question.  I can't seem to get any raw video shots without noise on the 600D, daylight, lowlight or otherwise.  I'm trying to use neat video only as a last resort, because it tends to soften the image, I'm aware that I can sharpen it, but it just isn't the same. I understand that I am unable to get perfect results with the 600D, but I don't think I'm getting optimal results. Can somebody please recommend the most ideal settings as far as aperture, shutter speed and ISO?  I'm kind of new to messing with raw, but once I got a taste, I just can't go back to h264.  Please help! Any suggestions for daylight and lowlight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

YourMom

Quote from: dyfid on August 12, 2014, 09:24:05 AM
You need a faster card, something like a 95MB/s Sandisk, 16GB or bigger. Format to ExFAT. The SRM builds will give you double record times, for example 1280x544 for about 15 - 20secs at 23.976.

Search the forums though for your specific camera and give more useful info or you'll get arsy obnoxious answers or just be ignored. Help yourself and search first.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the t3i only writes up to a speed of about 24 mb/s

Satis

Quote from: YourMom on August 13, 2014, 12:28:16 AM
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the t3i only writes up to a speed of about 24 mb/s
The Sandisk 45 mb/s is plenty for the 600D.

Also, to OP: what card are you using right now? If something under 15 mb/sec or so don't be afraid your videorecording quickly gets stuck. A probable fix - without getting another card - for this is changing your framerate from 30 fps to 24.
50D IR, 600D, 550D

dyfid

Quote from: YourMom on August 13, 2014, 12:24:10 AM
Sorry, I'm here to ask a different question.  I can't seem to get any raw video shots without noise on the 600D, daylight, lowlight or otherwise.  I'm trying to use neat video only as a last resort, because it tends to soften the image, I'm aware that I can sharpen it, but it just isn't the same. I understand that I am unable to get perfect results with the 600D, but I don't think I'm getting optimal results. Can somebody please recommend the most ideal settings as far as aperture, shutter speed and ISO?  I'm kind of new to messing with raw, but once I got a taste, I just can't go back to h264.  Please help! Any suggestions for daylight and lowlight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Best just start a new thread than bury here? You'll get more response.

dyfid

Quote from: YourMom on August 13, 2014, 12:28:16 AM

Correct,  but card speed specs usually are aimed at read not sustained write speed and sustaining speed is key thats why I said 95mb/s. As an owner of 550D I find 45mb/s inconsistent  particularly with the SRM module double recor times.

Satis

Quote from: dyfid on August 13, 2014, 12:27:13 PM
Correct,  but card speed specs usually are aimed at read not sustained write speed and sustaining speed is key thats why I said 95mb/s. As an owner of 550D I find 45mb/s inconsistent  particularly with the SRM module double recor times.
In my experience if I warm up the card prior to shooting (this might be one MLV sequence as well) I get steadily high writing speeds.
50D IR, 600D, 550D

YourMom

Quote from: dyfid on August 13, 2014, 12:22:01 PM
Best just start a new thread than bury here? You'll get more response.

Thanks, will do.  Kind of new to forums.  Mostly just trolled them for answers to my questions before.  Haha.