downgrade firmware and SD card for Qscale

Started by capitansolo, July 10, 2012, 03:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capitansolo

Hello mates.
Im new here and have few doubts about ML.
First is about firmware...where to download canon 60d 1.1.0? i bought this model and i  worry about it have lastest firmware.

And second is about Qscale...I saw a lot of videos and i noticed that differences between qscale -9 and -16 are mininal but if i want to rec in -16..Which SD is recommended? Perpahps a "SANDISK SDHC EXTREME PRO 16 GB (45MB/s)"  or is recommended to look for a 95MB/s?

Thanks in advanced and for the team of ML :)

scrax

there was a typo ML now run with 1.1.1 on 60D check here.

I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

capitansolo

your link says...
QuoteThe topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you

nanomad

Yup. he linked the 2.3 RC1 that is only available to donors right now
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

capitansolo

ok thanks nanomad..
Also, can you help me with SDcard for avoid problems while recording video with qscale around -10?

I do a search but didnt found nothing

PD: i think i posted this in a wrong thread ¿?¿?

a1ex

Even the fastest card can be too slow for QScale +4 (by definition of VBR). Tried.

capitansolo

Im confusing...
I saw a lot of videos in youtube like
Quotehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoZn-fzv69o
and
Quotehttp://vimeo.com/17742479
and noticed that qscale with "-X" has less blockiness and artifacts and the explanation of bitrates are very complex for me and my english, so, which configuration is the best for avoid blockiness and problems with buffer? Qscales or CBR?

1%

Do CBR. Qscale locked at -16 will probably stop video. For bit rate think mp3s. I.e. 320kbps vs 128kbps... which one sounds better? Its the same concept.