Biggest nightclub in the southern hemisphere // ML RAW

Started by zacshome, August 05, 2014, 10:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zacshome

THis isnt up to standard with my normal editing and normal work as lost a bunch of footage to corruption and also focusing on the fact i am shooting raw and not h264 then camera failing all the time etc, didnt make it a hugely fun creative experience, but more left me straggling for anything i could get that looked decent. ANYWAY, this is the end result. ANYWAY, 800GB of footage, trans coded all to proxies.. that was fun....There surely is a better way to do this :P

PS, if anyone knows a program for pc that gets rid of the vertical noise.... i would be a happy man.

**100% raw,
**transcoded in raw2cdng 1.5.0Beta 6
        - is there anything else out there i should be using instead of this on pc?
**taken into resolve and make proxies
**edit proxies in premiere then export XML
**grade in resolve and then export back to premiere for effects, title, outro, grain etc.
**export for vimeo :)

Let me know what you all think. Next time i will shoot a lot more crop stuff, see how much better the quality gets :) plus i really want to get rid of those vertical noise bars.. surely there is something out there better to get 14/16bit files on pc other than raw2cdng...

Everything was shot on carl ziess glass. oh.. and a 35 1.4 Samyang...that thing is a monster for its price.. its crazy.

frspp

5d2

zacshome

zacshome

ahh thanks man! glad to hear it. Though i need a better conversion method :/ somnething that does cdng + .mov proxies or something. jpg proxies take forever to import one by one

dpjpandone

zacshome

thank you very much. once i learn this workflow better ill be able to bring some far better things hopefully :)

Mehmet Kozal

Canon 650D user. Also, Bilal Fakhouri is a hero.

ChadMuffin

I really liked the feel and colors of your video. By vertical noise do you mean vertical banding. chmee's latest raw2cdng 1.6.1 has it now. Check out his post for the latest download. I know working with the large file sizes can be difficult. In a smiliar project, I pulled everything through AE and made DNxHD 10bit 175 with VisionLOG. More hassle at first, but editing was much more enjoyable and timely after the conversion process.

Here is my similar project with MLV and the night life scene so you can see what I got with that workflow.

http://youtu.be/OOdGQHGT-AQ