horizontal pink strands of lines in mlv footage 5d3 july ML build

Started by anandkamal, August 02, 2014, 06:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anandkamal

Hi.. I can see pink lines flashing then and there in .mlv footage shot with 5d mark III, July build of magic lantern. Please help me fix this problem for the already shot videos. The lines show up in many footage..

http://s1163.photobucket.com/user/MrCunctator/media/linesmlvprob.jpg.html

All the footage are important because of its video purpose. How can I also prevent anything like this? Thanks

goran

I have experienced this also.
It comes down from my experience to one of the two:

1. Corrupted card about to die. In my case, Komputerbay 64gb x1000 card used in non UDMA7 reader which corrupted it.
2. Temporary glitch caused by the gods of ML

In my case the issue was minor so we retouched the problematic frames one by one in Photoshop.

All best,
Goran

jimmyD30

Retouching images manually is the only thing I can suggest also. One approach is to count how many rows of pixels are corrupted then divide by 2 and copy that many lines of pixels from just above the corruption and paste to top part of pink stripe, then copy that many lines from just below the corruption and paste to bottom half of pink stipe, then blend using the healing tool or such.

Try this technique on a few frames and test how it looks, maybe at full speed playback it will look alright.

UPDATED: Also, if pink stripe frames are not consecutive, then try frame-blending the previous and subsequent frames to create a new frame and then replace corrupted frame.

anandkamal

thanks guys... Interesting thing is the same footage played after a couple of days did not show any such pink lines..... I got those pink strands in cdng files too after extraction. But after a couple of days, no problem, like a magic. i'm using Lexar professional 1000x 64GB card and Lexar card reader....What would the problem be? thanks