sad lonely lucas 3 - nighthawk (short); taking ML out in the night

Started by lucas, June 25, 2012, 01:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucas

Many may know that short already, still I want to share in this nice new portal.
Last year's spring I decided to make a third part of my short-film series "sad lonely lucas", improving from a film made by one person to a little film with a crew and also additional actors. Goal was to take the little 550D/T2i out in the night, putting it to the extreme.

ML was a great help getting correct focus with the peaking, also framing it right for a cinemascope-crop. Another essential feature were Histogram and Zebra. I wish FPS-Override where available that time :)

Lens-wise, I used of course as fast lenses as I could possibly get, still we shot much on my Tokina wideangle-zoom with an aperture of only f/2.8.

Enjoy.

for a (visual) making of, get here: click
rockin' ML on the 550D - this is how I roll

Datadogie

T3i and Kiss X4 (550d (T2i)) Tamron 18-200mm, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 (need firmware upgrade) Olympus 50mm f1.8  Olympus 28mm f2.8 and Olympus 24mm f2.8
Fancier 370 tripod and LCD hinged loupe. DIY Slider and crane.

Malcolm Debono

Great work! I'm also a huge fan of ultra-wide shots, so I really enjoyed it :)
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

mexicodirk

echt gute Arbeit was Ihr da leistet und leider gibt es viele Menschen die dies durchleben!
das making off ist echt gut und wie der F.Turm verschwindet  ;D den magste wohl nicht? :D

Dirk
Canon EOS600D | Tokina SD 11-16 F2.8 (IF)DX | Nikkor 50mm 1.2 | SMC Pentax-M 2.8 28mm | EF 100-300mm 4.5-5.6 | EFS 18-55mm 3.5-5.6 IS | en construction CHRONOS 2

lucas

Quote from: mexicodirk on July 03, 2012, 03:32:56 AM
echt gute Arbeit was Ihr da leistet und leider gibt es viele Menschen die dies durchleben!
das making off ist echt gut und wie der F.Turm verschwindet  ;D den magste wohl nicht? :D

Dirk
Hi Dirk,

damit die nicht denken, dass wir hier Blödsinn machen, antworte ich mal auf englisch :)

Yep, sadly there are people who live in such situations. Anyway, I think many of those are lonely because they "want" to, this is what I wanted to say: it's always a bit your fault, don't expect that everything change's when you do nothing about it/when you meet a special someone (stated to the guys who think if they find/get THAT girl everything might change; it doesn't). Of course only my opinion - no one makes these movies without a personal experience with this :)

And no, I don't really like the TV-Tower. It's so big and white, it always distracts the view. And never fits in properly. And ... I don't know, I don't like it (my Girlfriend loves it! she doesn't understand my opinion here :D)

Thanks for the kind words, I'll let the camera-guys know :)
rockin' ML on the 550D - this is how I roll