5D Mark II Showing no signs of life

Started by needmorepixels, August 01, 2014, 06:04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

needmorepixels

Hi guys,

Hoping for a little help to see if I can selvedge my 5D Mark II as so far I've had no luck getting it to turn on.

So far I've removed all batteries, including clock (and replaced) and reinserted and gotten nothing.

I've tried
Switch camera Off, remove: battery, card and lens.
Reattach lens, close card slot, reinsert battery and switch camera On again

and nothing.

I've tried formating card and different cards and nothing.

I had magic lantern working with no issues for more than 6 months and then 1 day before a vacation it wouldn't turn on.

It shows absolutely no signs of life, no blinking lights, no nothing..... just dead.

Any helps or suggestions is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

a1ex

needmorepixels

Thanks for the reply alex, I will give it a try.

I actually won't have the card that I installed Magic Lantern on till tomorrow as I used it for a file transfer. Am I able to install ML on another card then run blink test?

a1ex

You can make another one bootable (with EosCard or MacBoot).

budafilms

Quote from: needmorepixels on August 01, 2014, 06:22:47 AM
Thanks for the reply alex, I will give it a try.

I actually won't have the card that I installed Magic Lantern on till tomorrow as I used it for a file transfer. Am I able to install ML on another card then run blink test?

Are you sure your battery works?

needmorepixels

So assuming all I had to do was replace autoexec file on cf card and stick  it back in, there is absolutely nothing.

It can't be the batteries as all batteries are fully recharged and I just replaced the clock battery... unless I did that wrong but I don't think I did.

Any ideas?

jimmyD30

You say batteries, are you using a 2-battery grip? If so, try just one battery without grip and with battery door back on (then another one in case chip in one is bad or something).

needmorepixels

Quote from: jimmyD30 on August 02, 2014, 01:06:00 AM
You say batteries, are you using a 2-battery grip? If so, try just one battery without grip and with battery door back on (then another one in case chip in one is bad or something).

I originally was using a grip (Canon made) and since it turned off I've taken the grip off to try and trouble shoot.

I say batteries because I own 6 batteries. None of them have issues in my 5d Mark III which I also have Magic Lantern on.

budafilms

Quote from: needmorepixels on August 02, 2014, 02:16:13 AM
I originally was using a grip (Canon made) and since it turned off I've taken the grip off to try and trouble shoot.

I say batteries because I own 6 batteries. None of them have issues in my 5d Mark III which I also have Magic Lantern on.

The only think could happened its the connectors inside your camera. Maybe are note fine and not have healthy contacts.

Have you use your camera under rain or water? The circuits could be damage for that.

I really sorry. Maybe it's a good idea go to a Canon dealer.