5d III FPS Bug/Issue

Started by boylan33, July 30, 2014, 05:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boylan33

Hey guys I've been shooting a lot of raw video with my 5D Mk III and for the most part it's been great.  However recently I have gotten files that I was shooting at 23.98 frames per second that have come in at about 1/2 to 1/3 the desired fps. They stay in 23.98 second containers so essentially they play back at 2 or 3x the speed and are mostly unusable.  I've made sure that FPS over ride was not on. This is a major issue and I have no clue what is causing it.  I made sure that FPS over ride was not on. Shooting with Komputerbay 64 and 128gb cards. Running ML off of a sandisk extreme class 10 SD card.

Here are the failures of a recent STUBTEST.LOG

[FAIL] ABS(DeltaT(timer_time, t0) - 100000) => 0x441
[FAIL] ABS(DeltaT(timer_arg, ta0) - 100000) => 0x422
[FAIL] MENU_MODE => 0x1

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

a1ex

The timer errors are not relevant.

Can you find a way to reproduce?

boylan33

No. It seems to be a random occurrence. I think it was happening when I was using my camera quickly. In that I mean I would roll for ten or so seconds, stop, and then roll again right after. Or I would turn my camera off to save battery and then see something and turn it on and try to roll very quickly.   I don't even know if those were the specific instances. I've just never had this issue.  It seemed like my (buffer?) could have been lagging. I was also switching between 60 and 24 fps. But it didn't seem to specifically correlate with the switch. The only thing that has changed is that I used a 64 gb komputerbay card as opposed to the 128 I had been using primarily.