ETTR with full-res silent pictures

Started by barepixels, July 27, 2014, 03:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barepixels

Just want to report that when I press the shutter deflicker module create a sidecard.  But if I use the intervalometer it doesn't.  Am assuming for now, it treats multiple frames MLV as movie.  Maybe in the future we can have XMP for Full-size SP MLV mode?

Good news is I think I have achieved Holy Grail with Full-res SP-MLV.  Am exporting them now as 16bit TIFF to deflick in Adobe Bridge.... Stay tune...

For Alex, you are right, the meta is wrong... As I observe shutter was going from 1/5 to 1/6 gradually etc ...  but meta says most frames were 1/2 seconds

EDIT:  here is the video from last night

Ran deflicker in Abode Bridge like 20x  then ran it in GBDeflicker for about 6 more times.  Still have flickers.  Will try again tonight. Out of 286 frames  one were all black.
5D2 + nightly ML

josepvm

Deflicker data is not saved for silent pics if you use the intervalometer, either with MLV format or with individual DNGs.

For now, to have a deflickered timelapse I need to stay with the traditional method, wearing my shutter for every frame  :(

barepixels

Tried another Holy Grail tonight but it crash.  Manage to get 177 frames.  This is in the log

ASSERT: GetMemoryAddressOfMemoryChunk( GetFirstMemChunk( pMem1AllocateListItem->hMemSuite ) ) == pMessage->pAddress
at SrmActionMemory.c:984, task RscMgr
lv:0 mode:3

EDIT:  It crashed as soon as ISO jump to 800

Frame 176 didn't get to be extracted.  Prob cause if the crash
5D2 + nightly ML

a1ex

Can you find a way to reproduce?

Currently there is a race condition (like 0.1 seconds or so) when switching to review mode - during that time, Canon code unlocks the buttons, so if you press the shutter halfway in that moment, it will return to LiveView and crash. But this one seems to be something else, because you were running on intervalometer...

barepixels

I tired again and everything works great.  I even did not get a single black frame.  So, sadly, I wasn't able to repeat the error.  BTW I went back and redit previous video with my new work flow.  LRTimelapse and dmilligan amazing Adobe Bridge Script

5D2 + nightly ML

88oak88

hello simple a question how many pictures in a row I could firing mode silent and dual image without damaging the camera sensor. if this question has already been made still could not find it because the forum this increasing. and thank you to the developers without the contribution of you our videos and our photographs estriam a little poorer. earned great job

translate for google.

ola uma pergunta simple quantas fotografias seguidas eu conseguiria atirando com modo imagem silenciosa e dual, sem prejudicar o sensor de camera. caso essa pergunta ja tenha sido feita ainda não consegui encontra-la visto que o forum esta cada vez maior. e muito obrigado aos desenvolvedores sem a contribuição de vocês nossos videos e  nossas fotografias estriam um pouco mais pobres. valeu grande trabalho

budafilms

El sensor no se degrada.
Se degrada e mecanismo que sube y baja el espejo.
Con lo cual, Silente Picture, protege ese mecanismo al no ser utilizado.

Brigado.