A couple Questions?!

Started by Tgarrett, July 11, 2012, 12:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tgarrett

Ok so I have been using ML for about a month now, and the other day my magic lantern files accidentally were put into a folder on the card. This led to my camera getting locked up, When I tried to turn the camera on it was un responsive. so I did as the manuel told me and I booted the camera without a card and then re formatted the card and did not reinstall ML. After doing this I plugged in a different card (without a hack) and the camera was back but of course with no ML.

So My questions are
a) is it safe to put the other card back in the camera since i Have not unistalled ML from the camera
b) what do i have to do to get ML back

Thanks a lot for any responses, Need some help to get this great tool back on my camera!!!

P.S. I am using a 550d if that matters

Malcolm Debono

You just need to remember to keep the ML files on cards that have the boot flag enabled, i.e. those on which you install ML. Since you reformatted the card without ML, the boot flag has been disabled and as such you can use this card to run the camera without ML (standard mode).

To get ML back on your card, follow the normal installation procedure (copy ML files to card, run firmware update, wait for green text confirmation, reboot).

Let me know if there's anything I misunderstood or if you require further help  :)
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!