dual iso 2,5k movie thread

Started by Danne, July 26, 2014, 01:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

Binaries are used with cr2hdr20bit, mlv.dump and raw2dng binaries.

[email protected]

Hi Danne
Tried to follow your link but could not down load any thing.  Probably due to not being sure what I actually looking for.

To Recap,  Have managed to get the individual images to work though do have to unzip Cd2hdr each time an use a fresh copy. The results are stunning will try and up load a couple for you to see.
Have tried to use this with video but  having no joy.  Is there a different programme that I have to use?

My Camera is canon KISS 4 550d. and at this point in time am having to use  Windows Movi Maker as am unable to change my Laptop Graphics card.
Regards
Tim

Danne

This link should direct you to version 1.3.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4tCJMlOYfirdXZyeFc1MHNZU2c/view?usp=sharing

Extract the zip file. Install binary pack following instructions. In the first folder there is an automator icon called cr2hdr-r (pic of a bird).
Drag that somewhere onto your computer and double click.
Choose a folder with raw, mlv , cr2 or dng files and if you installed binaries it should start converting.
Get back if not working.

[email protected]

hi Danne.

I trust you had an enjoyable festive season.  We did  and I apologies for not responding sooner.

I have downloaded as requested and extracted the files which worked fine. Though when I double click on the install this file first I get the message 'Windows is unable to open this File'.  Have I got the wrong file?

The appears to be two files marked OS Mac, one contains Windows logos.

Aaah the pain of not owning a Mac

Regards
Tim

Danne

Hi! The app is for mac only and it uses automator which comes with mac os.

DeafEyeJedi

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Danne

:)
Shouldn, t be too hard to create for windows. All binaries exists for windows too.

[email protected]

Hi Danne

Thanks for that.  unfortunately I lack the expertise are you able to point me to someone who might help please.  I could not follow what MS was going on about when I tried their consult the Web help.

Thanks
Regards
Tim.

DeafEyeJedi

Just for the sake of it... decided to do a quick test at Dual-ISO 2.5k with the latest nightly (1/3/15 build) for 5D3 1.1.3 and apparently RAW write speeds have increased.

((MLV is just about the same if not slightly better)) <--- according to my KB card.

5D3 RAW (HaCKeD preview) @ 30fps (FPS Override to 25p) -- This one is pushing @ 109.6 MB/s with a KB 128gb 1066x card...

Not too shabby at all!

Danne

emrahcahit

@danne Dudek53 why dont you post some new video samples about DUAL ISO module?

visiono

will dual iso video mode work with any other camera other then 5dIII?

Danne

Well, there are other cameras working with dual iso. There is a feature list for each camera somewhere. Walter S definitely got this. Try searching around. Sure you, ll find it.

Walter Schulz

Unfortunately it's exactly "Dual-ISO video mode" where feature list fails.

lureb74

Hi Danne!

I think I had a good idea based on your mod of a Sigma 8-16mm:

Quote from: Danne link=topic=12796.msg127357#msg127357
Check this mod of 8-16mm to get a better centre spot giving me around 22mm wideangle :)

I'm considering to buy a used Nikon version of that Sigma lens, using it with a NikonF-to-EF adapter that comes with an aperture lever, and modding this adapter (aprox. $25) instead of directly modding the lens (aprox. $500)!!!. This way I'll be able to better control the aperture and also the mod whould not "injure" the Sigma lens (for better re-sell it in the future).

What do you think about it?

Thank you in advance for your kind attention and reply!
Lorenzo

Danne

Seems a good idea to work with cheaper adapters. Good luck and feel free to post your modifications here :)

dfort

Quote from: lureb74 on January 18, 2016, 02:32:42 PM
I'm considering to buy a used Nikon version of that Sigma lens, using it with a NikonF-to-EF adapter that comes with an aperture lever, and modding this adapter (aprox. $25) instead of directly modding the lens (aprox. $500)!!!. This way I'll be able to better control the aperture and also the mod whould not "injure" the Sigma lens (for better re-sell it in the future).

Whoa--you did this Danne?

@lureb74

Lorenzo -- Using Nikon F mount manual lenses on Canon bodies is a standard practice in stop motion animation. Nikon G adapters make up for the lack of an F-stop ring on modern Nikon lenses by controlling the aperture via a lever. Of course you already researched this. I have tried these adapters and you should know the trade offs. Of course there's no electronics communication so no auto focus, there's no feedback on what F-stop you're on and the distance from wide open to completely stopped down is very narrow. I would suggest you get a Nikon G to Canon EF adapter first and see if it is possible. Looking at the photo of the mod and how far it needs to shift I don't think the Nikon adapter will work.

An alternative if you want to be able to go back to un-modded is to see if it is possible to purchase a mount from Sigma or from a camera repair shop.

I also checked around for other alternatives but it seems that the Sigma 8-16mm is probably the best choice for a moderately wide angle lens using crop mode on the 5D3. Interesting that it is an APS-C lens but it has an EF mount and not an EF-S mount. That's one less mod you need to deal with.

@Danne

I haven't tried this yet but isn't it possible to pan around the frame in crop mode on the 5D3? That way you won't need to mod the lens?

lureb74

@dfort

Yes, I get the same conclusions watching closely to those adapters, and I think I'll not be able to modd it! Your suggestion is good, may be I can switch back to a regular EF mount by asking a replacement from Sigma, the only problem is that in Italy is very difficult to find Sigma spare parts... mmm... Anyway, thanks to Sigma that make APS-C lens that fits in EF bodies too!

Unfortunately, the modd is needed because on 5D3 the 3x window in crop mode is not really free-to-positioning around the frame: I don't know why (but I'm pretty sure there's an obvious technical reason!) you can't put the cropped window in the main center, but a little angled (upper-left, upper-right, lower-right or lower left), and doing this with an ultrawide lens it result in a visible distorsion...

Actually, it would be great if it would be possible to put the 3x crop window right in the center!!!

mothaibaphoto

Quote from: lureb74 on February 18, 2016, 04:47:57 PM
Actually, it would be great if it would be possible to put the 3x crop window right in the center!!!
It's possible, at least 1920x1080x24fps :)

Danne

Nice that you got it working through the register. I tried a while ago but never really got it working. Now how to get this into unified? It is kind of a game changer.

mothaibaphoto

@Danne:
It's my first experience of such a kind and it's works.
All info in that post.

DeafEyeJedi

@mothaibaphoto ... Would you mind sharing us your working copy of the compiled version for 5D3 113 so we can test it out?

If we like it then I'll start compiling them. But don't you think this should have already been included in the recent nightlies?

mothaibaphoto

As far, as I understand, moderators doesn't encourage sharing user compiled binaries. All such messages with links was deleted.
It's really easy work, moreover if you did it before.

DeafEyeJedi

That's why we share via PM but either way no problem I'll see if I can follow the directions provided by the link you just shared. Thanks!