Wedding trailer

Started by Malcolm Debono, July 09, 2012, 10:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm Debono

Trailer for a wedding I've shot over the weekend using a 5D2 and 60D, both running ML  8)

Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

bart

Really nice Malcolm. Well done. Great control over that tricky exposure. And YES we finally get the wedding movie category! There is so much nice work done with weddings and ML :D

Malcolm Debono

Thanks Bart! Based on your recommendation, I shot this using flaat 10p and I really like the outcome. It's the perfect balance between neutral and cinestyle!
C100 & 6D shooter

3pointedit

Wow Malcolm that was great work. Was that stabilised shot really bad at the alter? The exposures were spot on, can't believe there was all that detail in the wedding dress. What ML tool do you use for exposure, Histo', Waveform or peaking? And do you leave it on for the shot or shoot with clean display?

Sweet edit BTW, love the bokeh credits too. Is that camera effect or post effect?
550D on ML-roids

Digital Guy

Well done, very creative and romantic. I like your choice of angles and DOF. I love it.
Magic Lantern v2.3 installed on both Canon 60D's with 17-85 & 10-22 & 18-250mm lenses. Canon EOS-M EOSM-FD adapter. Crazy about HDR timelapse photography, I'm experimenting with HDR video and use Sony Vegas Pro 12 video editor and Photomatix Pro

Malcolm Debono

Thanks  :)

@3pointedit: For portability, all my shots are from a monopod as it allows me to get in some tight / uncomfortable places very easily to get the shots I have in mind. The tripod is used by my assistant / 2nd shooter.

I have 2 display presets set up. The first one is the one I use most, including during recordings, and consists of a cinescope cropmark and histogram. The second one consists of histogram and luma zebra, which I use to set up a shot (when not in a hurry).

The effect in the final part is some free vfx footage found on vimeo overlayed on the other footage at around 60% opacity.
C100 & 6D shooter