600d flash featues

Started by Zeitgeist, January 06, 2013, 05:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeitgeist

I've got a 600d.

And i found out two disabilitys using an external flash on canon eos 600d (rebel t3i).
1. it is not possible to let the internal flash make one single flash per photo. There are always at least two flashes (or more). This would be nice to trigger simple wireless slave flashes. A single flash is only possible if an external flash in manual mode is connectet to the flash mount.

2. it is not possible to trigger an external manual flash on the flashmount in live View. Only expensive TTL flashes can be triggered in live view mode.

best regards
Zeitgeist

Francis

#2 is possible with ML already. When the option is enabled under Flash Tweaks, it switches out of Liveview momentarily to make the exposure and triggers the hotshoe.

nanomad

For #1 I think you have to change a cfn (the one regarding af assist beam)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

scrax

Quote from: nanomad on January 06, 2013, 10:00:22 AM
For #1 I think you have to change a cfn (the one regarding af assist beam)
NO, the pre-flash can be removed only without E-TTL so in flash Manual mode as posted (I suppose also with internal flash, just set it to manual).
In camera C.Fn. can disable only the focus bean (strobo) or the red grid used for AF.
Some flash trigger can ignore the first flash.

Maybe, doing a pre-exposure metering with * button could avoid the pre-flash during shoot if it's taken before the end of metering time (set in canon menu). So ideally set this to a long time and after the manual pre-flash wait the external flash to reload before taking the shoot.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

cronnin

Sorry for intruding with my 550D.

Is there any way to set the time of FEL ?
Everytime I shoot the photo, after 2 sec, all data in the viewfinder vanish, and when I recall them back  by half-pressing shutter button, then FEL (*) is gone.

On-camera flash control would shure be a solution for this.
Is there a non-TTL flash mode for any Rebels in ML?

chrismike

Hi What does "#2 is possible with ML already. When the option is enabled under Flash Tweaks, it switches out of Liveview momentarily to make the exposure and triggers the hotshoe." mean please?