Canon 1200D

Started by akkotyni, July 12, 2014, 02:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pratikshirdhanka

Quote from: BallisticHugs on September 20, 2016, 07:48:47 AM
Yea... I'm not sure if the script will work on cygwin... You could try running a virtual linux machine maybe... or just try the EOSCard again.
Thanks bro. I tried it today again and it worked *enjoying in joy* the. Intervalomenter is quite awesome. Thanks to all of you guys. Also, if anyone of you guys made an updated version i would really be happy to test it. Good day guys. [emoji111] [emoji41]

Sent from my Moto G 2014 using Tapatalk

NikeTyson

Having the same button for aperture and ML menu is frustrating, you always got to go to the ML menu to control aperture in movie mode. In M mode you can press AV and use the main dial for controlling aperture, but if you just click once in AV without dialing you enter ML menu.
Also with the kit lens I can´t control aperture in the ML menu. Others working fine. Is it because of variable aperture?

NicolasElCruz

Hello every.. I can't find the file .fir for booting the installation of magic lantern... Help me please.. Soon

Can every send 1200BOOT.fir .. I cant find on any files :/ !

ropra7645

Hi!
Excuse me, but where can I find the 1200BOOT.fir???

bakersdozen

Quote from: NikeTyson on September 22, 2016, 11:57:06 PM
Having the same button for aperture and ML menu is frustrating, you always got to go to the ML menu to control aperture in movie mode. In M mode you can press AV and use the main dial for controlling aperture, but if you just click once in AV without dialing you enter ML menu.
Also with the kit lens I can´t control aperture in the ML menu. Others working fine. Is it because of variable aperture?
For me, I can't seem to access the ML menu while in Movie mode. The Av button does not send me into ML settings.

Is anyone else getting pink/magenta cast on full res silent pictures?
.DNG format. They look fine in camera viewed with ML file viewer, but appear with the cast on computer. Haven't tried mlv yet - don't know how to convert to DNG.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
EOS M + 5D3

Varashilov

Quote from: bakersdozen on September 28, 2016, 06:07:04 AM
For me, I can't seem to access the ML menu while in Movie mode. The Av button does not send me into ML settings.

Use two buttons AV+SET, work for me ;)

bakersdozen

Perfect, thanks. Confirmed working.

EOS M + 5D3

charger95

hello, im new in the ML forum. I want to film in .raw, with my 1200D, someone wants to recommend me any setting? i got Sony 32GB Class 10 UHS-1/U3 SDHC up to 94MB/s Memory Card. Any format option, that i can use?
Thanks.

PD: Sorry for my bad english.

Walter Schulz

According to Camera Memory Speed this card has performance issues with some (not all!) Canon DSLRs. I don't know if 1200D is affected or not.
Whatever card you use you want to have it formatted with ExFAT file system.

bakersdozen

Personally have not had much success with .raw video on ML with my 1200d..only get a few frames then recording fails. Be interested to see how others fair.

EOS M + 5D3

walter_schulz

You tried very low resolutions? Card is formatted using ExFAT?

jayhawker

Just wanted to report that I was able to get the latest build (July 30) working on my 1200D. Since it took me a little searching through the thread to figure out what to do, I'll post my steps to hopefully help others.

I'm running Windows 10 and was successful in using both a 2gb & 32gb card.

1. Ensure your camera is running the 1.0.1 firmware. I wasn't at first and ran into issues. Once I updated, I had no problems.
2. Format memory card using in-camera menu.
3. Remove card and put in computer.
4. Copy the unzipped contents of the latest (July 30) build into the ROOT directory of the card (leave the others folders intact). This should be the 'ML' folder and 'autoexec.bin' file
5. Copy '1200BOOT.fir' into the root directory as well.
6. Run EOScard.exe
7. Click 'refresh' and make sure your card is detected
8. Click the ML logo and then click 'Save'. You should receive a confirmation message at the bottom.
9. Close EOScard and eject the memory card from your computer.
10. Put the card in your camera and turn it on.
11. 'Install' using the firmware update menu

Thanks to everyone that contributed, your hard work is much appreciated!

charger95

Quote from: Walter Schulz on October 02, 2016, 08:39:22 AM
According to Camera Memory Speed this card has performance issues with some (not all!) Canon DSLRs. I don't know if 1200D is affected or not.
Whatever card you use you want to have it formatted with ExFAT file system.
Did you? I got this one actually: http://www.cameramemoryspeed.com/reviews/sd-cards/sony-95mbs-32gb-sdhc-memory-card
Its formated Ex-FAT, but i dont know which clusher size i need to use to optimize the SDCard.

Quote from: walter_schulz on October 02, 2016, 03:57:52 PM
You tried very low resolutions? Card is formatted using ExFAT?
Yes i do, but i want to film at least HD(1280x720).

Quote from: bakersdozen on October 02, 2016, 10:41:52 AM
Personally have not had much success with .raw video on ML with my 1200d..only get a few frames then recording fails. Be interested to see how others fair.

Any interesting option that i can try? i mean, could you recommend me any option, i'm new with ML.

bakersdozen

Quote from: charger95 on October 02, 2016, 11:57:21 PM
Did you? I got this one actually: http://www.cameramemoryspeed.com/reviews/sd-cards/sony-95mbs-32gb-sdhc-memory-card
Its formated Ex-FAT, but i dont know which clusher size i need to use to optimize the SDCard.
Yes i do, but i want to film at least HD(1280x720).
Any interesting option that i can try? i mean, could you recommend me any option, i'm new with ML.
Have a play around with the intervalometer, silent pics and fps override. Has been fun for me.

EOS M + 5D3

bakersdozen

Low fps values enable a Timelapse style movie, in 1080 with small file size. I can get about 110 minutes with my battery so far. Depending fps value will be final duration of movie. At the lowest setting 110 minutes compresses to about 1 minute for me.

EOS M + 5D3

mujebhafiz

Has anybody tried editing dual iso files?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

charger95

Quote from: bakersdozen on October 03, 2016, 05:35:20 AM
Have a play around with the intervalometer, silent pics and fps override. Has been fun for me.

How its works silent pics?

bakersdozen

Quote from: charger95 on October 05, 2016, 11:09:03 PM
How its works silent pics?
The camera pulls the image from the sensor rather than actuate the shutter. Have a look at the user guide / wiki for the best explanation. So far I've only gotten results from simple. High res look fine, for me, in camera however have a pink cast when I bring them up on computer [emoji15]

EOS M + 5D3

droidente

Hi!
Do you have help files for this build?
He said he does not have them

BSTi

Quote from: mujebhafiz on October 04, 2016, 09:27:18 AM
Has anybody tried editing dual iso files?

Yes, but CR2HDR.exe works really slow for me. i had to process 240 Images for a timelapse, took over 1 hour.

Walter Schulz

Don't know which options you used and which OS you are running.
My 5.5 year old computer performs 100 7D files in about 23 minutes. Windows 7 and single thread. See http://magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7139.0 for postprocessing options.

BSTi

Usually i drag & drop the files right onto the exe.
active options are --amaze edge --cs2x2 and --wb=graymax.
Im on an older AMD System with an FX6350 and 4GB RAM on Win10.

mujebhafiz

I can't edit dual ISO photos whenever I put dng files in Photoshop or lightroom it shows error

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Walter Schulz

Give VBScript (found in Dual-ISO post) a chance. And SSD gives a serious kick ...