Canon 1200D

Started by akkotyni, July 12, 2014, 02:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olivierrobespierre

Well, isn't it easy to compile some kind of "nightly build" for the 1200D and share that?
A+

mk11174

No, cant make a build for the camera until it is configured for the model and firmware,  I have the first stage ready, but it needs someone with the camera to do the rest and test it. Long way from that, my tutorial was to help get a new user going with qemu to make things go quicker, but it may never be finished if you dont have someone with experience with coding and actually has the camera. Every camera has uses different adddresses for everything,  so only a build for that camera and that firmware will work on that camera.
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

mathias

Thanks a lot Mathew!

I could build ml and also qemu, dumped my 1200D firmware, downloaded fjriosp fork and tryed to load it with qemu but i'm getting this error:

./qemu-1.6.0/arm-softmmu/qemu-system-arm -M ML-1200D
00000000 - 00000FFF: eos.tcm_code
40000000 - 40000FFF: eos.tcm_data
Failed to allocate 1073737728 B: Cannot allocate memory

I am sending you my firmware by pm if you can helpme.

Thanks again!

mk11174

No problem Mathias,  if u use my 1200d repo, you wont get the error,  it will get you into qemu so u can see magic lantern menu. I dont know how much he did or didnt do on his version, but on mine, its enough to get magic lantern going, so maybe its best to start there.  Then you can start  double checking stubs between both of ours, and your finds and double checking everything else. Its going to be lots of work you will need to do to get it going no matter what, but at least on my version, it gets you started in magic lantern.

mathias

Thank you Matt! You are amazing!
I could run in qemu your branch and also fjriosp branch. So as you recommended I'll continue with this one.

Alex as far as I know you were helping fjriosp with 1200D porting, looks like he gave up, i've tried to contact him (facebook, twitter, etc) but no luck. Can you helpme on what's next step?

nikfreak

where's the bitbucket repo for this work? Next steps could be:

• create a hello world fir and if it succeeds:
  • create the firmware installer to make porting life easier

a1ex might assist otherwise I can do if the ID for 1200D is added to the signer and you share your repo.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

mk11174

No problem, if you want it to look correctly in qemu, just go get a nightly from say 700D and unzip its contents into the sdcard folder you should of created during one of the steps in the tutorial I made for you. You can tell your missing them cause its not finding them when qemu loads. Bascially you mainly need the ML folder in the sdcard folder you created.

mk11174

Guess I should add my repo here for 1200D https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/1200d for anyone that wants to start working on it, it is from fjriosp repo, but up to date with ML unified. Better starting point. It loads in QEMU at Hello World and is ready to move on. Sorry I can't help out anymore since I don't have that camera.

Axel Esteban

Good morning, any news from ML for 1200? I have one and would like to use it with ML for my videos. Just don´t know how to program but if I can be of some help please let me know. I´m from Argentina and use the camera mostly for photographic jobs, but if I would have ML could make use of HDR that is what interest me the most. Sorry about my spanish. Thanks a lot!

mathias

Soon I will be running hello world in my T5, already requested a fir file to alex, this is the First step to run ml in this camera

I verifyed stubs and are ok, so I am very exited to move foward.

How can I run ml without having a fir file (wich seems to need encryption)?

Is posible to make sd card bootable with EOScard.exe and add ml files inside? I am wondering about this in order not to keep asking other developers to get a .fir file for me.

Thanks

ToXiCRising

i would also like to help but sadly i cant code
so if there is anything i can do to help i will

a1ex

Progress: QEMU is now able to boot Canon GUI :)

You will need the qemu branch to try it.

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=2864.msg168603#msg168603

Unfortunately, mathias' autoexec doesn't boot yet.

mathias

Well, new little step, hello world working in my camera.

nikfreak

congrats. Keep up your work. I know exactly how it feels like  ;D

marcotonet

Hi guys, i'm totally new in Canon and i'm looking everywhere for any news about ML for 1200D. Are you working on it? I've tried it on a 600d and it's amazing!

Walter Schulz

See messages above yours.
But do not expect to see ML for 1200D anytime soon. My advice: If your cam is not supported by ML now act like there will be no ML port ever.

mathias

I was able to run boot loader in my camera, but can't open ML menu, looks like delete button is not mapped so not handled to open ML Menu. How can I check/debug button press? or where to look?

Thanks!

nikfreak

Where's your source repository located? I think if you cloned magic-lantern\platform\1100D.105\gui.h then it should work in terms of button mapping. It's also a good idea to clone magic-lantern\platform\1100D.105\internals.h but herein you want to uncomment "#define CONFIG_PROP_REQUEST_CHANGE" to be rest assured that you don't brick your cam on early porting stage. Better create a bitbucket repo now. You can't get merged into nightlies if you don't do so,

Normally you can visually check the button codes within debug ML menu with a delay set to 300ms.

If the menu doesn't come up it might be something else (especially in stubs.S and consts.h).

You can disable most of the features or internals and uncomment the lines within code which then would cause a few compile errors and start with a minimal autoexec.bin just to see if you can then bring up ML menu. Guess it would be also a good idea to merge your source into dmspy-experiments branch to be able to create log files. Within them you can trace some useful adresses for vram and such.

mathias

Hi nikfreak,

I already cloned into   https://bitbucket.org/matias82/magic-lantern/

Also cloned all 1100D stuff in 1200D platform, fjriosp has added almost all stubs ( I verified them based in my dump) and alex added/modified son const and internals.

I also removed everything in features to strat testing one by one.

About what you said

uncomment "#define CONFIG_PROP_REQUEST_CHANGE"

You mean to undefine? I got confused cause the commentary above this line says opposite, undef this line in early ports...

I am learning magic lantern code every day but still very new... patience needed here!!!

Actually I think I need to know is where to look and how to test my buttons

Thans you all, as far as I keep learning I cant believe how far did this project grow.

nikfreak

Yes i meant undefine it

mathias

with almost no features I run it in qemu 1.6 (can not run in 2.5 file missing error is still showing) and i get this error:

tcc: error: invalid option -nostdlib

what do i am missing, i gues is a problem compileing

--- edit ---
well, diggin deeper, I found that this could the cause of file not found error.

nikfreak

mathias

That just renamed the sym file, but problem persist
Error loading 'ML/MODULES/x70_100.sym': File does not exist

I am still having this error

tcc: error: invalid option -nostdlib

maybe my compile is kinda broken? I am missing a file? some wrong config for tiny c complier?

nikfreak

Tried it only in qemu? Give it a go in your cam

mathias

In my cam I don t have error but neither ml menu opens, no log files...