Canon 1200D

Started by akkotyni, July 12, 2014, 02:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Falfrir

QuoteI think that 1200D only have the version 1.0.0.
Confirm.
Ukraine, canon 1200d fw v. 1.0.0

nikfreak

On 100D / 70D there's also only one version but different revisions.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

Falfrir

Where i can got rev. number?
I'm bad in C an *nix, but want to help.

fjriosp

I think it's in the rom.

Look some posts back, dump your rom and send it me by mp.
I'll check if it's the same model than mine.

a1ex

Here's the portable display test binary, signed as FIR for 1200D. It should print detailed version info, among other things. Tested in QEMU.

TEST1200.FIR

fjriosp

Great!

Tonight I'll try it with my 1200d.

I'll post some photos.

Thanks a1ex!

fjriosp

There is my camera's output.

Jordi

something new about how to start the 1200d Magic Lantern?

fjriosp

I'm working on it, I hope I'll have good news soon.

wandgrab

@Jordi You can always see the state of development on bitbucket, it seems to be pretty far :) https://bitbucket.org/fjriosp/1200d-dev

@fjriosp if you need alpha testers or whatever, I would love to be one :) I've checked the state of development a few times each day since you've started to port it.

fjriosp

And we have a Hello World!!!

Thanks A1ex!!!

You are a crack!

jayhawker

Awesome work! I've been following the progress. I have some coding experience, but haven't delved into ML development yet. However, if you need testers I'd be happy help out.

totalmichel

Hi, i tried to make zip, using the git, of this port (1200d-dev), but it dosent works, any chance of getting the fir file, so i can try it?

totalmichel

Abandoned build? No news or reply here or in git repository.
Is there an step by step guide in how to port ml?
I know c, c+ and c#

wandgrab

@totalmichel It's been 8 days since fjriosp post the hello work. I dont know, maybe you should have some patience. The last time he was online was on yesterday. I quite sure he is on it.

totalmichel

didn't meant it as an offense, its just that i would like to try to port it, and the git repository have not been updated lately (this hello world file ain't there)
sometimes people abandon a project because they don't have time, or other reason.
so i asked for an step by step guide, so that i could try to port it by myself

dmilligan

It's been 2 weeks, I would hardly call that "abandoned". ML itself has seen months without commit activity. Commit activity isn't even necessarily an indication of actual progress, esp when talking about reverse engineering projects like this one, where much of the work is investigation and research.

All of the code to run the hello world is there in the repo, however, actually running it on camera requires a signed fir (this is a hack after all and you have to "get in" somehow, the way in for ML is through a specially crafted fir file that allows us to execute our own code, creating such a fir requires breaking Canon's encryption)

If you want to know what you need to do to proceed yourself, just read this very thread, there's lots of good information. Especially starting at my reply #36

Uqbar

@dmilligan Thank you for the great patience with us all! Really!

Mexxmovies

Hi, i'm kinda new to all of this... But I was wondering when there will be a Nightly Build for the 1200D?

Thanks.

Walter Schulz

It will be ready when it is ready. ML development has no deadline to meet. It took about 3 years to make 7D run with ML.
I'm quite sure you will not have to wait that long (there were some technical issues to solve for 7D not existing in 1200D) but - please - never ever ask for a timeline again.
FAQ -> Troll questions section -> Last entries.

MustangXPress7

Quote from: Walter Schulz on May 26, 2015, 08:28:32 PM
It will be ready when it is ready. ML development has no deadline to meet. It took about 3 years to make 7D run with ML.
I'm quite sure you will not have to wait that long (there were some technical issues to solve for 7D not existing in 1200D) but - please - never ever ask for a timeline again.
FAQ -> Troll questions section -> Last entries.

I am aware of all the hard work and I even don't mind to wait as much as ML gets ready for 1200D, but it's a bit annoying not to be aware of the progress or even the day it gets released. Is there any way to get an email or similar when ML for 1200D gets released? (apart from looking at the forums and the bitbucket every day for anything similar to an update)

Walter Schulz

There is no such thing like mailing lists for new cam ports. https://twitter.com/autoexec_bin is coming close. So you might want to become a follower.

Karlos_01

someone has news, continues or is stopped

m1k6

fjriosp made the inital porting for the 1200d (see some posts back), but unfortunately he was last online days ago.
Hopefully another member can finish what he had started.

jjrizzy

Hello Everyone...I am certainly new to all of this...
I would like for there to be a program for 1200D/T5.
I am willing to LEARN ANything that I need to learn Please point me in the right direction....
Thanks