Different length of Sound and Video Fix in post production? MLVmystic +Davinci

Started by PanaMax, July 11, 2014, 07:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanaMax

Good day.

I came back from vacation with 3TB of MLV Data that i now want to make to a nice video project in Davinci resolve.
at the moment i converted all my MLV files to DNG using MLVmystic. this is working fine.

Once i drop the Files with the DNG+WAV to Davinci they are not recognized as one file that should be together (so video file with sound track) but as separate.
I assume this is resulted by the different length of the clips, since the audio is always stopped litte after the video stopped.

Now i have 500+ clips where i first need to make the correction of the sound to the video by hand (time taking but possible) and then when i cut i need to make every cut double since i need to apply the cut to video and audio separate. This is very inconvenient and i am looking for an automatic solution. weather this is by using another converter for my MLV files or any other tool im totally open.

I hope somebody can give me some support in this regard. i Think many people are using MLV together with Davinci Resolve so i assume im not the only one with this problem.

my system:
5Dmark3 + MacBookPro 10.9.3 + MLVmystic + Davinci Resolve 10 + Davinci resolve 11beta

Thank you!
Max

HeldvomFeld

I have the same problem and have asked the same question, although I dont use davinci. There doesnt seem to be an solution. I have to add the wav file to each clip, very annoying.

dude

But i remember some biults bevore the actual that the sound worked on acr. so i importet the dng and it automatically importet sound, too.

DanJam

I had the same issue on a short doc I worked on.

My workflow for this particular project was a headache, was tedious, and the fix took just as long, for too long of a reason for me to explain right now,

MLV > MLV to DNG> AFTER EFFECTS > Export as Video > Import to Premiere

The sound was faster than the video.

The solution.

Recorded MLV in exactly 24.00 FPS. Timeline on Premiere was 23.976. Fixed that, but no dice.

Fixing it in Premiere doesn't do the trick, for logical reasons. You can't fix what's not there.

Kept thinking and voila. Go to the source of the issue.

MLV > MLV to DNG> AFTER EFFECTS > SET AFTER EFFECTS TIMELINE TO 24.00 FPS > Export as Video > Import to Premiere

The documentary was finished.

Midphase

RAWMagic converts the video and audio without any issues. The clips are correctly imported into Resolve or Premiere with audio attached and work perfectly as they should.

Sidneywish

In davinci to synchronise the audio with the mlv clips (dng format) you need to import them and create bins; Then click on each, and the audio will match; Create your timeline, and there U go.

Pierluca72

I do it in Resolve too. Import the video by clicking create bins. This will create a folder for each video. Then you have to right click on each folder and select "sync audio" (or ....something). This will also take a bit of time but it works. You can even try to import all the video in the same master folder and then do the right click... it works if they are not too many, but with 500 clips i'm pretty sure there will be some mess in there..

Jbowdach

Quote from: Sidneywish on July 25, 2014, 08:42:57 PM
In davinci to synchronise the audio with the mlv clips (dng format) you need to import them and create bins; Then click on each, and the audio will match; Create your timeline, and there U go.

MANY THANKS!!!! THis solved a major issue ive been tryign to solve :)