Low FPS = wildly over-exposed images.

Started by andy.cox.1976, July 11, 2014, 01:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy.cox.1976

Hi Folks

Quick question - I've been merrily using ML for 8 months now and very much enjoy this fine piece of free loveliness. However, I've never been able to use a low FPS rate to achieve time-lapse. This simply results in huge over-exposure. This even occurrs in manual mode. The shutter-speed I specify seems to be over-ridden, regardless of what I try.

I have had this issue on the various builds I've been using, mostly from February this year. Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
Andy

2blackbar

everyone experienced this, buy ND filters

andy.cox.1976

Interesting - so why does this occur? Why does ML not apply the shutter speed I choose at Low FPS? i.e. 1/60 or 1/50 or 1/48 etc?

Walter Schulz

http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/userguide#fps_override
"Shutter range: displays the available shutter speed range with current settings. When you use FPS override, Canon menu will still display 1/30 ... 1/4000, but the actual shutter speed will be different; read it from ML displays. You can alter shutter speed range by changing the ratio between the two timer values (decreasing timer B will result in faster shutter speeds available)."

andy.cox.1976

2blackbar

Try constant expo ON in advanced settings

Rshred

When you go into the FPS Override Menu is it set for Low light, exact fps, high fps? I use exact fps and can change the shutter speed freely whereas with low light it overrides the shutter.
Hope this helped.
Rob