What is the HDR script file for? How to use it??

Started by albezar, July 27, 2012, 10:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

albezar

Hi!

I have the ML in my camera. It allows to do HDR photos. I can preview them in my camera. ..and now the big question:
How can I see the same HDR photos I'm seeing in my camera, in my computer? What do I do with the script file in my memory card?? I know I can use a Photomatix to blend the raw files to make an hdr but what is the point of the "in camera HDR" if I can't get them out of my camera as HDR?

Any guides or help is HIGHLY appreciated!
I have a 5D Mark II, Mac + Lion.

leebeau

the script file does several great things. the biggie for me is if i want to use photo matrix or hugin or whatever to do my toning the .sh file keeps a nice little list of my brackets... if you have ever tried to merge the wrong photo into the stack for whatever reason you know how useful having a list of what pics go with what can be. on the other hand if you do the work to install the hugin command line tools and use a batch script like the one i will link you to you can automate the process of stacking your HDR images and force the tools to basically eat up the processing power of all of your cores and make shit go fast. I use this method for HDR timelape where we are talking about huge amounts of photos.

don't forget to set your environment variable for the hugin command line tools ......
to do so

What you need to do is first set your environment variables.

1) Open Terminal
2) type `cd` and press enter, this will take you to your users home directory
3) type `sudo open -t .bash_profile`, this may ask you for your password
4) Copy in the text below

export PATH="<path_to_hugin_tools>/bin:$PATH"

5) Save the file and close it

That should be all you have to do. You will need to restart terminal if you want to run the scripts directly from terminal, if you run the scripts from finder using terminal, you should be good.

the script i use to run all the .sh scripts from ml in parallel can be found here

https://gist.github.com/briansorahan/6757065