Car shoot - Dubai Police Bugatti Veyron. 5d3 Raw

Started by underwaterhors, July 07, 2014, 01:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

underwaterhors

Managed to tag along to the first proper photography shoot of Dubai Police's Bugatti Veyron with a mini jib and a 5d3. All recorded in raw and in 110 plus degree heat!!

nikki

Quote from: underwaterhors on July 07, 2014, 01:23:31 PM
Managed to tag along to the first proper photography shoot of Dubai Police's Bugatti Veyron with a mini jib and a 5d3. All recorded in raw and in 110 plus degree heat!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8opuFt9kFU&list=UUNzi1OU-Wid9ziVUxosVa0A

did you use a monitor?   (with the 1.2.3. build)

underwaterhors

Nope, just the ML waveform. No budget and on company time equalled fast and dirty..

jimmyD30

Nice video!

That's mad insane! Do you know if they only have 1 Bugatti or planning for entire fleet?

underwaterhors

Just the one but they said they were saving the P1 number plate for something "special"...

Satis

Great cameramoves and cuts, but I'd have really graded it differently: I think a more contrasty, colder "high tech" look would suit much more a theme like this than the dreamy hipsto-lomo stuff.
50D IR, 600D, 550D

Danialdaneshmand

Quote from: Satis on July 07, 2014, 07:13:09 PM
Great cameramoves and cuts, but I'd have really graded it differently: I think a more contrasty, colder "high tech" look would suit much more a theme like this than the dreamy hipsto-lomo stuff.
Agree.

I think it's actually amazing that they're using Bugatti as a police car (it attracts people to be police officers i guess :D )
What model the jib was and lenses you used?
Also can i ask about how much did you receive from this project?

underwaterhors

Quote from: Danialdaneshmand on July 07, 2014, 09:23:46 PM
Agree.

I think it's actually amazing that they're using Bugatti as a police car (it attracts people to be police officers i guess :D )
What model the jib was and lenses you used?
Also can i ask about how much did you receive from this project?

Not sure about the jib, it was rented, but lenses - Canon L 24-105mm 50mm 1.4, Samyang 35mm, 85mm.

barth

Respect for working in a such heat! I was there a few months ago and it is hard to imagine to make shots in the sun during day. In which studio did you shoot? Take a look at this video also from Dubai :) but without Bugatti https://vimeo.com/81267694

underwaterhors

Hot & Cold studio, lovely bunch of guys and super helpful. LOVE your video! What are you shooting on?

jimmyD30

Someone mentioned how hot is was, got me thinking, did you have any operational issues with the camera while shooting? Like did it ever shutdown from being too hot?

underwaterhors

No shutdowns, no warnings. I wasn't filming super long shots though, a minute max.