[DONE] Rate Image on LV button

Started by Marsu42, July 08, 2012, 02:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsu42

Using ML-2.3-preRC1.zip (Thanks!) on 60d 1.1.1.

There's Prefs->Image Review Settings->LV Buttion with the one option "Protect Image". It would be very nice if you could extend this to "Rate Image" and let it cycle through ratings 0-5.

Reason: Rating pictures in the field without stepping through the tiresome "Q" menu would be very handy, that's why Canon put a dedicated button on the 5d mk3! Should be trivial to implement since the "Protect" option just seems to automate to the "Q" menu, too?

electronicwomble

I would really appreciate this feature, but for movie clips.

It would be great to be able to mark takes after shooting to speed up editing later. I use the protect function to mark the best take for a section of scripted material, but it would be useful to have an 'ok' label, or 'largely unusable'. It would be good if this marking function was more easily accessible too as on the 550D I have to go into the menu to Protect Images, then protect clips in the image review.

Perhaps the marks could just be added to the LOG info for individual clips?

Marsu42

Quote from: electronicwomble on July 09, 2012, 08:47:46 PM
I would really appreciate this feature, but for movie clips.

Alex wrote somewhere else that if a function is available through the Canon menu, ml can automate it - so at least there's hope for rating images through the live view button like protect now :-)

a1ex

Marsu42

Quote from: a1ex on August 23, 2012, 08:22:50 AM
It's available in ML 2.3....

D'oh - sorry, didn't see that, thx for implementing & marking this as [done] :-o

Leon

Does this work on the 550D?  How do I access it?