Full-resolution silent pictures (silent.mo)

Started by a1ex, July 01, 2014, 05:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vstrglv

Thank you very much! It works. 5D3.113.  There is no any sing about 5D3 after execute "make -j2", but there are many errors. There is no raw_rec.mo in zip. Why? I compiled it in Modules/raw_rec folder
Canon 5D3,1.1.3; Canon EOS M,202,  CF-SanDisk Extreme PRO,160MB/s, 256GB, SD-SanDisk Extreme Pro, 170MB/s, 128GB.

mk11174

Quote from: vstrglv on October 03, 2014, 09:32:39 PM
Thank you very much! It works. 5D3.113.  There is no any sing about 5D3 after execute "make -j2", but there are many errors. There is no raw_rec.mo in zip. Why? I compiled it in Modules/raw_rec folder
If alls you need is the fullres-silent-pics version all up to date just use the build I compiled, nothing has changed since the update.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12608.msg129663#msg129663
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

vstrglv

Thanks a lot! But my compilation works too.
Canon 5D3,1.1.3; Canon EOS M,202,  CF-SanDisk Extreme PRO,160MB/s, 256GB, SD-SanDisk Extreme Pro, 170MB/s, 128GB.

nikfreak

Great to hear that you got it working!
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

ilex

mk11174 sais "If alls you need is the fullres-silent-pics version all up to date just use the build I compiled, nothing has changed since the update.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12608.msg129663#msg129663"

It works in my 50D. Thanks a lot!

Mr. Propaganda Guy

I have some questions:

Is it possible to capture Full Resolution Silent Pictures in Jpeg format? (Live View, Video Mode)
If so, is it then possible to capture Full Frame (5K) in an MJpeg stream? thereby solving  the bus/data transfer speed limitation, as well as the Moire problem. (Smaller File Sizes)
I remember reading that one of you guys were working on MJpeg for live view 1920x1080 a long time back.
I own a 5D MKII and 7D.

GemBro

Fantastic A1ex ... been watchin' on the side foaming at the mouth ... Timelapse and Focus Stacking are my bag and this is HUGE for us ...

QuoteIs it possible to capture Full Resolution Silent Pictures in Jpeg format?
I agree with this comment as well because although it's handy for Timelapses to have the colour range it's sometimes handy for Focus Stacking to get a decent result, in a small amount of time, using JPGs ... once we get a decent image it would be great to do it again but with the option of DNGs dynamic range ... the work flow at the moment is quite time consuming using DNGs, so JPGs would really speed up write time therefore reducing the focus stacking session considerably ... that would be awesome ...

Thanks for this feature though A1ex ...

I'm gutted I cannot take more than 3 photos at the moment without it crashing/freezing on Full Res ... am I doing something wrong? ...

Gem
Canon 550D(T2i) Magic Lantern (Nightly Builds)

bhursey

Well i have over the past few weeks shot about 8 time lapse clips with it. I am still working on them However this one is by far my favorite.. I will post my final composition with once done. Awesome work Alex.

vstrglv

Quote from: nikfreak on October 03, 2014, 07:47:52 PM
e.g.

mkdir fullresvst
cd fullresvst
hg clone -r fullres-silent-pics https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern
cd magic-lantern
make -j2
cd platform
cd 6D.113 (if you wanna compile for 6D)
make zip

Please also read this:
http://magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7579.0

You might have to adjust makefile.user.default if you don't have gcc 4.8.3

make zip command for 5D3.113 has an error:

Building module raw_rec...
Updated HGVERSION
[ README   ]   module_strings.h
[ CC       ]   raw_rec.o
[ MODULE   ]   raw_rec.mo
[ STRIP    ]   raw_rec.mo
[ EXPORTS  ]   raw_rec.sym
00001948 raw_video_enabled
00001978 raw_movie_filename
[ DEPENDS  ]   raw_rec.dep
Will load on:
    5D3, 60D
Not checked (compile ML for these cameras first):
    1100D, 500D, 50D, 550D, 5D2, 600D, 650D, 6D, 700D, 7D, EOSM
[ GCC      ]   raw2dng
[ GCC      ]   raw2dng
../lv_rec/raw2dng.c:174:5: error: conflicting types for ‘raw_set_pixel’
In file included from ../lv_rec/lv_rec.h:24:0,
                 from ../lv_rec/raw2dng.c:26:
../../src/raw.h:87:6: note: previous declaration of ‘raw_set_pixel’ was here
make[4]: *** [raw2dng] Error 1

WARNING: module raw_rec failed to build, deleting

make[4]: Entering directory `/home/magiclantern/magic-lantern/fullresvst/magic-lantern/modules/raw_rec'
[ RM ]  raw_rec.o raw_rec.mo raw_rec.sym raw_rec.dep module_strings.h *.o *.d *.dep *.sym hgstamp
[ RM ]  raw2dng
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/magiclantern/magic-lantern/fullresvst/magic-lantern/modules/raw_rec'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/magiclantern/magic-lantern/fullresvst/magic-lantern/modules/raw_rec'

vstrglv

Thank you, but unfortunately I do not know what to do with this.

mk11174

Quote from: vstrglv on October 13, 2014, 07:48:50 PM
Thank you, but unfortunately I do not know what to do with this.
You just need to get the latest unified to make sure that is up to date, then merge in fullres-silent-pic to get all caught up to date past the point the change to setpixel was made.

vstrglv

Thank you mk11174! I used instruction from
Quote from: nikfreak on October 03, 2014, 07:47:52 PM
e.g.

mkdir fullresvst
cd fullresvst
hg clone -r fullres-silent-pics https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern
cd magic-lantern
make -j2
cd platform
cd 6D.113 (if you wanna compile for 6D)
make zip

Please also read this:
http://magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7579.0

You might have to adjust makefile.user.default if you don't have gcc 4.8.3
so the Q is what dir should be used to get the latest unified - fullresvst/magic-lantern? And how to merge in?

nikfreak

The answer is: better wait until it gets merged in officially. Afterwards all nightlies will have it.
The alternative would be to fork the repositories and merge 'em yourself. But that's another story.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

mk11174

Quote from: vstrglv on October 13, 2014, 09:42:32 PM
Thank you mk11174! I used instruction fromso the Q is what dir should be used to get the latest unified - fullresvst/magic-lantern? And how to merge in?
It could get real messy if done wrong, and I am def not a master at it yet. But I would start another local repo just to be sure you dont mess your current one up and start with unified first, and then just hg merge fullres-silent-pic to merge the latest into the unified.

Or you can use the one you have and then hg merge unified into that one since you started with the fullres-silent-pic

Something like that, but it can get very messy if you dont commit changes on new updates unless you really know what your doing with hg commands.

vstrglv

Thank you very much! I'll try to learn hg commands.

bhursey

I have been testing this out after the past couple of weeks. One thing I noticed is like said at the beginning you can get about 1/10 however in translation 1/10 is 1/8000 on the actual camera.   With that during the day I have to be at f22-32 and 100iso with a 4x ND filter to get day usage...  It is very usable in the field it seems. I really have been enjoying it. I did notice after a while I went back to normal camera mode and I pushed the shutter and herd clunk. then let go and herd clunk.. I reset my custom functions and it worked again..  Thanks every one for your hard work and it is amassing here. Is my first real time-lapse video I ever made. All with silent..  Please watch in 1080p. :)

Arwen

hi, I installed the nightly build (26/09) on my 550D with the Full Resolution option in Silent Pic mode
but when I use this mode, my pictures are over exposed
in Simple mode they look fine (same settings)

dmilligan

Quote from: Arwen on October 16, 2014, 02:34:39 PM
am I overlooking something here?
Yes. You neglected to fully read the OP. The answer is right there. Also a number of times throughout this thread where people have asked the same exact thing.

bhursey

Yep max your cameras shutter up.. to like 1/8000.. it really will be about 1/10 you will need to be at like 100iso f22 f32 even with a 4x nd filter. Really a ND filter is a must during the day with this..

itsskin

Did full-res silent already made it to the nightly builds?

GemBro

Question  for 550D users who have successfully taken more than 3 Full Res photos in Silent Mode ...

Arwen can you take more than 3 photos in Full Res mode? .... and does your 550D crash or freeze? ...

I still cannot take more than 3 photos with my 550D (in Full Res Silent Mode) before the camera frezzes/crashes ... (black/blank screen) ...

Do I have to set any other options to make this NOT freeze or crash ... would the Shutter speed not set at 8000, or the fstop set to f22 have any effect on this? ...

I'm not using any other feature in Magic Lantern, just Silent Picture ... but I am wondering if other features need to be switched on to get this working right? ...

I have tried the Magic Lantern Nightly 2014 Sep26 550D 1.09 [Full Res Release] and the Stable Release: v2.3 Release Date: July 23, 2012 ... I'm also using manual focusing as I'm trying to use Silent Picture Full Res for Focus Stacking (MacroPhotography) ...

Simple Mode works ok for my Focus Stacking but I have a lot (hell of a  lot) of image noise in my photos ... this may be due to the speed and fstop discussed above? ...

Gem
Canon 550D(T2i) Magic Lantern (Nightly Builds)

a1ex

On 550D/500d, you can't take exposures longer than 0.8 seconds without crashing.

Levas

Not sure, but could it help to turn off long exposure noise reduction in Canon menu ?
Long exposure noise reduction kicks in at about 1 second and longer exposures, so maybe there's something going on there ?

Greg

It does not solve the problem.

On long exposure noise reduction - ERR70
Off long exposure noise reduction - the camera is busy, you can not turn off, you need to remove the battery