ML Interface Design

Started by gogetcreative, July 05, 2014, 09:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gogetcreative

Hi all,

Naturally ML is a very functional piece of software where camera features are a priority, but has anybody considered giving the UI a new look and feel?

Camera UI in general is streets behind our 'smart' devices out there. Canon's interface is pretty poor and Nikon's isn't much better. Could we do something special with ML?

I'm a UI designer by profession, and would love to help take ML forward from that perspective.

First of all, is it possible or has it been considered and if it is, would any developers be keen to team up and work on it?

To give you some background, I've been a UI designer for 4 years now, working on mobile projects for Barclays and more recently android wear projects for Google. Check out my website for more of my work www.gogetcreative.co.uk

Apologies if this is already something in progress, I look forward to hearing more info!

Satis

I don't know whether a new gui is in the works or not, but sure it would be great to see some concept art of your ideas.
50D IR, 600D, 550D

Stedda

Look up stevefal hes come up with several design ideas that have been implemented or proposed and if I remember correctly amount of colors, space, and memory seem to limit really taking it to the next level.
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3