Silent pic pink frames 550D

Started by wolf, August 31, 2013, 08:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf

Does anybody know, how to avoid "pink frames" with silent pics on a 550D.
I tried to record pictures for a timelaps triggered by a wired remote shutter and got quite a couple of unusable frames.
Same with Intervalometer.
Are silent pics working on other models without problems?

Any advice someone?
Thanks.

blankensop

Did the same as you did, the only difference is the camera, I'm using a 5DII. Silent Pics (Simple) + Intervalometer (1 shot / sec). The pink frames appeared when I switched off Global Draw. Before I had no problems, but pink frames appeared during normal video recording. Global Draw was on in these cases.

So my result was: Global Draw = on -> pink frames during silent pictures/intervalometer, Global Draw = off -> pink frames during normal video recording. I have to investigate further, if I can find a combination of settings which works ...

wolf

I think I found a solution for the silent pink frame problem.
When pressing HS a Canon bottom panel appears which I think disturbs the sp fetching.
As a workaround I set a 500ms delay in silent.c to give the Canon bottom panel time to disappear before taking the picture.

400 frames in a row and more 100 frames rows tested so far without one pink frame on a 550D.

Maybe my explanation is wrong but it seems to work and I hope it will work in the future too. ;-)

escho

I would like to test this on my 600d. Can you post the line with your changing, please?

Edgar
https://sternenkarten.com/
600D, 6D, openSUSE Tumbleweed

wolf

sure.

[static unsigned int silent_pic_polling_cbr(unsigned int ctx)
{
    static int silent_pic_countdown;
    if (!display_idle())
    {
        silent_pic_countdown = 10;
    }
    else if (!get_halfshutter_pressed())
    {
        if (silent_pic_countdown) silent_pic_countdown--;
    }

if (lv && silent_pic_enabled && get_halfshutter_pressed())
    {
        if (silent_pic_countdown) // half-shutter was pressed while in playback mode, for example
            return 0;

msleep(500);   //added this line

silent_pic_take(1);
    }
    return 0;
}

edit: I triggerd in movie mode with a wired remote with 50ms signal length.

barepixels

Am having pink frame problem on my 5DII.  Can someone help me and compile Wolfs code above?  Am not a coder and do not know how to change it to .mo file.  Thank you
5D2 + nightly ML