Newest PP CC, Newest RawMagic - What am I doing wrong?

Started by steffenhaldrup, June 27, 2014, 10:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steffenhaldrup

Dear everone.

As everyone probably know, Premiere Pro CC (7.2.2) now supports cDNG from ML. But unfortunately it doens't work, even though I'm using the newest version RawMagic (1.1.2). I'm facing to issues.

First of all, the PP version of the video seems rather green and dark, but when it opens in ACR i't seems fine (as you can see in the video below). Next, when I'm editing the video and finishing by clicking "Done", it will not transfer the result to PP (as shown in the video).

I've tried different combinations of "Camera Model", "White Balance", "16 bit" and "Vertical Strips" in RawMagic, but apparently it gives different results. Everything works fine through AE, but this solutions could be much faster.

https://vimeo.com/99317513

Thanks

chmee

(a) the newest version is CC 2014 (v8.0)
(b) i dont know rawmagic, but a setting like 12bit should work in premiere.
(c) [vimeo] your output seems quite ok. its flat, with a lot of headroom to adjust the material. speedgrade? internal videoeffects?
(d) with v8.0 there are now basic settings to change whitebalance and exposure on rightclick.

regards chmee
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

steffenhaldrup

Quote from: chmee on June 27, 2014, 11:01:51 AM
(a) the newest version is CC 2014 (v8.0)
(b) i dont know rawmagic, but a setting like 12bit should work in premiere.
(c) [vimeo] your output seems quite ok. its flat, with a lot of headroom to adjust the material. speedgrade? internal videoeffects?

Ahh, you're right by 8.0 (my bad). But i'm using 8.0, but i really prefer the ACR workflow? But as you can see, it won't transfer the adjustment to PP after editing.  >:(

chmee

a lot of people prefer the acr-module - but its not built/coded for realtime-processing. do a test: import your footage first in ae, work with acr, then do a dynamic link to premiere. thats (in terms of workflow) not worth to be mentioned imho.. in premiere the lumetri-module (in conjunction with speedgrade) gives you more a lot possibilities. give it a try.

regards chmee
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]