Raw slow motion

Started by peshti, June 27, 2014, 03:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyD30

Quote from: peshti on June 28, 2014, 11:08:00 PM
That's because I'm new to slow motion.
I've tried other things, I've even tried time lapse.

I guys I'm just going to do a lot of testing and see what works best :)

I'm glad you are trying things and asking questions, that's how we all learn new stuff. But getting the equivalent of good quality 4000 fps slow motion from a 60 fps DSLR is no easy feat.

EDIT: For example, did you know that water spraying UP (as is done in the video you referenced earlier) is easier for Twixtor to make slow motion than water falling DOWN? So you can easily see how many variables are at play for this thing to work just the way you would wish for it to.

peshti

Ah I see, I'm starting to understand how this works.

Like I said I usually learn faster from doing and doing and doing, so I tried a new test with twixtor(In house, since it's already dark outside)

I interpreted my footage and made it 25fps, created a new comp, and in twixtor I put the frame 25fps and then speed at 2%.

I don't know if this is right or wrong, but I looked kind of smooth. And I don't know it seems to work.

I did not know that water spraying up is easier for twixtor than water falling down.

jimmyD30

Not sure, sounds a little off, but if you like what you see then stick with it and keep playing, you'll only get better :)

peshti

Alright I see

Can u tell me why this sounds a little off?

What would you do instead?

How would you shoot the footage?

And how would you interpret the footage?

I know we've talked about this a lot, but I just wanna look at it from your point of view.

What did I wrong?