budafilms

The Sandisk specification in the site say:

Transfer speeds of up to 160MB/s
Shot speeds up to 150MB/s
VPG-65 for sustained video recording speeds of 65MB/s**

Maybe, try with Komputer Bay 1000x.
64 GB

fisawa

Last week I was shooting in .MLV with mirroring, two monitors, no sound (sound drifts makes it unusable, have to use a slate), on 1920x1035 (1:85) and shooting 2'30" takes and not even one frame skipped. The cards I used were a Sandisk Extreme Pro 90MB/s (3 of them) and one Sandisk Extreme 120MB/s (and allegedly a write speed of 60MB/s, but it worked with raw anyway).

Maybe the problem is your card? Who knows.

dearthman

Hey there, I just made a post about this and then of course found this one right after!

I've had what I assume is the same problem (for me I also get .M00 - .M08 empty files for the .MLV shots that have dropped frames). Though for me it happens far from every time, in fact I have quite a few 30+ GB MLV files recorded with an external HDMI monitor with no dropped frames, yet I have one with a dropped frame that's only 300mb...

I suppose I've learned my lesson, I record sound externally so I guess no reason for MLV over RAW?

budafilms

No reason without sound. For example, i can go further with raw 1920 x 1280 and with MLV only 1920x1080 without dropping frames or stops.
But it's foot to know MLV have more possibilities to get more information in the future.

LucasCamera

Had same Problem. HDMI kept cutting out. Realized it was a faulty HDMI cable.
Everytime I jiggled it, the signal cut out. So Check your cables ;)

Using 5D3 RAW and HDMI to Atomos Ninja 2
Shooting 1080-24P, MLV with sound. Global draw all on.