Continuous RAW video with 700D?

Started by jaeill, October 24, 2014, 08:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaeill

I apologize if this question has been answered in the past but I've tried searching for it but didn't find anything.  I am trying to shoot music video type videos with my T5i/700D which requires me to shoot at least 3 min length videos.  I am currently shooting in 1280/720 @24fps.  Using MLV with sound my video stops at a little after 1 minute due to frame skippage.  When I turn sound off and use RAW it goes a little longer to about 2 minutes before stopping due to skippage.  Having no sound is a huge disadvantage so I would need sound.  I've tried allowing frame skippage but after the first frame skips it starts skippking large amounts (about 300 skipped frames by 3 minutes).  I am using a Sandisk 32gig 45mb/s card (I have heard that 45mb/s cards are the max that 700D can do so buying a faster speed card would be a waste).  My question is, is continuous RAW video at 1280/720 @ 24fps possible with the 700D?  Can it be done with MLV and sound? If so, what am I doing wrong?  What are the settings on the ML menu set at for optimum recording length?  Once again I'm sorry if this has already been answered.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am about to give up on RAW video.  THANKS in advance!

jaeill

YoungPup

How did you figure it out? And I'm using a Mac, and don't know how to convert the MLV files, and can't find any software that works. I have a T5i as well, and can't shoot more than 25 seconds (16GB, 90MBs)