FREE FOR DOWNLOAD: AFX Script for mass converting MLraw DNG files to Video files

Started by SteveScout, June 25, 2014, 02:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reddeercity

@DeafEyeJedi , Ok just had time to check it out on my MacPro On Maverick 10.9.3 (It's Works so I never upgraded)
So it works , I can export ProRes4444 XQ . I Tried it with 3 MLV file though MLVFS in A.E. CC ver. 12xxxx something
I enable Multiprocessing and give it 13GB of ram to work with, away it when.
Just a little benchmark: 3 clips 2@ 30seconds and 1 @ 50second mlv
Frame size 1856x928 23.976 + audio under 9 minute , Check prores xq file ,audio was sync .
I'll Post some screen shots shortly with my setting .
Later i'll also check my MBP .
The only differents I guess is I render to a SAS 6TB raid5 box , but that should not make any differents I don't think.

reddeercity

Ok here are my Screen Shots from the Smart Importer2 With After Effect CC Ver. 12.2
Sorry for the format , I can't arrange them to take up less Space .

The mounted MLV from MLVFS

Screen Shot 2015-03-31 at 7.31.24 PM
by RedDeerCityTV, on Flickr

The Mounted File Folder on my Desktop

Screen Shot 2015-03-31 at 7.27.44 PM

My Configuration For A.E. CC 

Screen Shot 2015-03-31 at 7.23.39 PM

More Configuration Setting with Multiprocessing Enabled

Screen Shot 2015-03-31 at 7.25.09 PM

GPU Setting

Screen Shot 2015-03-31 at 7.22.31 PM

This is  Why I only use CC  as cc2014 dose not access my AJA card for monitoring

Screen Shot 2015-03-31 at 7.24.18 PM

Smart Importer2 Setting with my Custom Output Module "ProRes4444XQ"

Screen Shot 2015-03-31 at 7.30.12 PM

File Waiting to Render

Screen Shot 2015-03-31 at 10.24.22 PM

Finally The Files are Rendering

Screen Shot 2015-03-31 at 10.24.50 PM

Note to the Moderator:
If you like you can reformat how the picture are display so it doesn't take up so much Space. :)

johannsebastianbach

@Danne

Did you figure it out so far why no comps were made?

I just had the same problem and were almost desperate because I oversaw the unchecked "include Sequences Missing Audio". My footage were without audio, so after checking it out, the script started to make the comps perfectly. So maybe your footage were missing audio too? Is there any reason to not to check it in by default? :)

By the way, thanks a lot. It is now my final workflow. Squeezed slomo MLV's -> MLVFS (so no need to waste double space) -> ACR + AE + your script unsqueeze. render to ProRes444XQ (with AE CC, not AE CC 2014) -> cutting -> color grading

You guys are great!

DeafEyeJedi

@SteveScout:

As of Lately I've been wanting to ask on a possible solution how to get this workflow to work with sequence files converted from @Danne's cr2hdr-r app (which uses the same 16-bit dng's that spits out from MLVFS according to exiftool) so I'm not sure why sequence files from MLVFS work perfectly fine with 'Smart Import 2' as usual but if I use sequence files from cr2hdr-r then I have to only use one DNG folder at a time (if I try to do the batch way like how I do with MLVFS) then it doesn't work... any thoughts on that?

I suspect it may have something to do with meta tags coming from cr2hdr-r (any ideas how can we make this app spit out similar meta tags that's being used in MLVFS?) since I'm trying to narrow down this so called bug for @Danne as we speak.

If unable to understand what I'm saying then here's the clip below for your own convenience.

https://vimeo.com/130834452 https://vimeo.com/130812387

Also is it possible to save a pre-set saved that I like for each time I use this script rather than having to modify the settings manually constantly?

Thanks for your time, Steve and I love using your incredible script in Smart Import 2!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

DeafEyeJedi

*UPDATE*

@SteveScout:

Please disregard my previous post as @Danne was able to make a fix in cr2hdr-r (by using Calibration illuminant 1 & 2 tags) to make them work properly with your script in AE.

Smart Import 2 works like a charm now with sequence folders spitted out:

https://vimeo.com/130902116

Thanks again for your remarkable script, Steve!

p.s. Special Thanks to @reddeercity for getting me addicted to this workflow with SI2 in AE and couldn't be done w/o you!  8)

mothaibaphoto

My notes on this excellent tool(Windows 8.1, AE CC 2014.2):
1. It don't likes hyphens in file and folder names. For example, raw2cdng produces folders like M23-1045, M23-1045 and so on. When I import these folders with this script, i get every image sequence imported with the same name - M23, and NO ONE composition created. After renaming folders like M23_1045_ and files inside like M23_1045_00000.dng everything works just fine.
2. Sometimes short (about 10 sec) sequences WITH SOUND don't get compositions created when imported with default Audio Threshhold value (1). Setting Audio Threshhold to 0 fixes this.
Otherwise this script works perfect and saves a lot of time, great thanks to developers.

SteveScout

Hi, guys!

Sorry I haven´t been part of the conversation lately .. was away Shooting. mothaibaphoto, These are great notes, did not know about the Hyphens and the Sound issue. Since it´s just a script that uses the AFX Scripting engine we can´t go that deep into program functions (to correct Errors etc.) as we could if it was programmed from the ground up as a standalone app. But if we know These little quirks we should all be happy with it. Still use it as my #1 workflow.

DeafEyeJedi

Good to hear from you, @SteveScout!

Love your script so much and it stills manages to keep my love for AE despite how nice & handy DR 12 can be for MLV.

I Thank You for for keeping Adobe alive for the most part!

However, I wish Adobe could allow us to export PR4444XQ in their newer CC versions since I am still using 12.2.

Ajay_ya

Hi, @steveScout,

I know this is an old thread, and that not many people are still active on here, but I am trying to use your Adobe AE, script, but I can get it to work. I added it to AE, and I clicked all the things I wanted, and then ran it- nothing? Do I need to do something else? Is there a walkthrough that I am missing? I also don't see any settings for resolution- like 4k, or 2.5k? And I don't see anything that says ProRes, 444, or anything like that.

please help!

vastunghia

What does "Audio Threshold" stand for? Is this a multiplier for amplifying audio?

thx
5D3 for video
70D for photo

yourboylloyd

Join the ML discord! https://discord.gg/H7h6rfq