MLV to CDNG Mac?

Started by Danson Delta-40, June 20, 2014, 08:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danson Delta-40

PPro 2014 apparently now has support for CinemaDNG. Is there any program that converts straight from MLV to CinemaDNG on a mac?

Danke!
GOING POSTAL SINCE 1995 BABY

Midphase

steffenhaldrup

But it's still pink? I don't understand why.

Thomas Worth

Quote from: steffenhaldrup on June 20, 2014, 08:46:02 PM
But it's still pink? I don't understand why.
RAWMagic DNGs from MLV files shouldn't look pink in Premiere. What version of RAWMagic are you running?

steffenhaldrup

Thomas.

I'm using RAWMagic Lite 1.1.3. ?

Maybe i'm doing the import procedure wrong? I'm using the "Media browser"?

Toffifee

You can't convert MLVs with the lite version, only the pro version which will run you 40$.

steffenhaldrup

Maybe I'm about to pay a fairly high price for not keeping my self updated  :(

I've recorded a whole wedding in .raw as i usually do (because I haven't paid much attention about the .mlv format). I'm using a RAWmagic workflow, i.e. convert to cDNG -> AE -> Lossless out -> Import PP. But as I can see, it is now possible to import cDNG directly to PP without AE. But does it really require a .mlv format? I mean, it's gonna be a cNDG format anyway?

Kbam

Quote from: steffenhaldrup on June 23, 2014, 02:47:33 PM
Maybe I'm about to pay a fairly high price for not keeping my self updated  :(

I've recorded a whole wedding in .raw as i usually do (because I haven't paid much attention about the .mlv format). I'm using a RAWmagic workflow, i.e. convert to cDNG -> AE -> Lossless out -> Import PP. But as I can see, it is now possible to import cDNG directly to PP without AE. But does it really require a .mlv format? I mean, it's gonna be a cNDG format anyway?

Well you can use MLVMystic to convert it to dng if its ok with you, ateast half bread is better than none otherwise you would have to pay to download the apple version...here is the link to the site incase you decide to use it.,,,http://secondsparkproductions.com/index.php/blog/8-mlv-mystic-mlv-raw-to-dng-batch-converter

Midphase

Quote from: steffenhaldrup on June 23, 2014, 02:47:33 PM
But as I can see, it is now possible to import cDNG directly to PP without AE. But does it really require a .mlv format? I mean, it's gonna be a cNDG format anyway?

That is correct, it doesn't matter if it's .raw or .mlv, once converted to CDNG, you'll be able to work with it in Premiere.

I still think you need the paid version of RAWMagic to be able to get CDNG which display correctly in Premiere.

steffenhaldrup

Quote from: Midphase on June 23, 2014, 05:33:29 PM
That is correct, it doesn't matter if it's .raw or .mlv, once converted to CDNG, you'll be able to work with it in Premiere.

I still think you need the paid version of RAWMagic to be able to get CDNG which display correctly in Premiere.

I will give the paid version a try.  Thanks.