[DONE] Shotting timelapses without shooter run. Electronic shooter...

Started by Anton2707, July 07, 2012, 08:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton2707

Hi.
My idea is.
When you start this mode, the camera will shoot with a very long exposure, 24 hours, but can be less.
During the shoot magic lantern takes the information at regular intervals simulating electronic shutter.
This possible?
Thank.
Sorry, google translate ;)

Francis

There are so many other time lapse options I don't see the benefit for this. If you are concerned with shutter count then use either silent pictures or video with a very low FPS

Also even if you can simulate an electronic shutter, you would have the problem of heat/noise from the sensor working continuously for 24hrs.

If you are really interested in a 24hr time lapse, a regular photo mode time lapse is probably your best bet for quality and chance of success. Maybe tethered for storage space or at a lower res JPG quality and AC adapter.

Anton2707

shutter 24 is not required. I gave as an example. the point is that the camera thinks that removes bolshoy exposure and during the shoot magic lantern is turned on and off the matrix and take pictures with lower shutter speeds ... In a quiet image matrix is ??too strongly heated, and it is not possible to shoot in hi res mode moving clouds as there are no similarities of images ...

Anton2707

I mean, shooting both in the normal mode photo, but without the shutter motion.
In silent picture, in hi-res mode is a big disadvantage, shooting is slow and if what the objects are moving, then the frames do not converge.
And fps override not work with silent picture in hi-res mode...

a1ex

That's almost impossible, but for timelapse, FPS override is almost the best silent shooting mode you can get.

The mechanism is controlled by a different CPU - Tx19a.

Anton2707

Thank you. One more question, quiet picture does not work with FPS override mode hi-res? I get image with colored lines when shooting in hi-res + FPS override.
It is possible to do that every x5 frame in hi-res mode is done with individual exposure?