[WONTFIX]Intervalometer / Timelapse Mode auto dis / enabling camera auto standby

Started by 3-S-E, July 07, 2012, 07:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3-S-E

Hi all,

I'm currently in a very bad mood. The reason why is: I was shooting a timelapse movie of my wife, painting some cute disney characters on the wall for our soon to be born baby. This was the first time I've used the Intervalometer of Magic Lantern and I've noticed, that the only way to shoot at an intervall of one minute is to disable the auto standby mode of my Canon EOS 550D, or to set it to a higher timespan.
I've decided to take no risk and so I've disabled the auto standby. After two hours my wife took a break and I turned the Intervalometer off - yeah, and forgot that auto standby was disabled, so I've left the camera on. Damn... after three hours of enjoying the warm weather here in Germany my wife continued... but the battery was discharged. To wast no paint my wife is now finishing her art, but the timelapse movie is ruined as I sadly have no spare battery, yet!

It would be nice if the Intervalometer would override the canon's firmware auto standby setting for the timespan it is used!

Bye
Martin

1%

You need more batteries.. . they are ~$5 USD for me. Other things may drain your battery.

3-S-E

After my sad experience from yesterday, I've decided to by an AC/DC adaptor for my EOS 550D ( http://goo.gl/LuF3y ). Switching batteries as long as in intervalometer-mode would translate the camera's position. But you're right, I definitely need more batteries. But here in Germany I've never seen good batteries for 5€ - what would already be more than 5USD.

But, I'm still thinking that my feature request would be a nice addition! :-P

a1ex