Long delayed start of time lapse in ML (using ETTR) failed

Started by Ian, June 09, 2014, 09:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

I left my camera up in the mountains on Saturday, planning to come back the next day after a multi-hour time lapse through the night. As I was leaving it at 4pm I programmed a 7 hour delay to the start. Pressing the shutter button half way gave me the blinking red light on the back of my 6D , telling me the countdown to the start at 11pm had begun.
But when I returned next day the time lapse had failed to start and the red light was still bllinking. Very frustrating. Is this a bug or did I do something wrong?
I retested it at much shorter intervals and it all worked fine, even with a 45 minute delay.
Thanks

a1ex

I have never tested it with long times, so it might be a bug.

Ian

I was overambitious I suppose. Knowing that the emotimo tb3 pan/tilt head had no means of firing ML I kept it and the camera unconnected, starting each (with a 7-hour programmed delay) simultaneously.

http://forum.timescapes.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=11952&sid=c45aad821021bf81dc2699d10b0c661cps?

Is the bug fixeable perhaps?

a1ex

If you diagnose it and find the exact steps to reproduce, it might be fixable.

But if it requires waiting 7 hours for a single testing attempt, it's not funny.

Ian

Testing at home is no problem Alex. I`ll do that tomorrow, with the 7 hour delay. I`ll make a note of the steps.

Ian

The 7 hour delay failed again to start the intervalometer (half pressed shutter button at start to activate red light).
Intervalometer on and no touching ML after that I don`t think
Settings global draw on, all modes
histogram rgb
ETTR hint
auto ettr always on
link to canon shutter off
post deflicker xmp
canon image review 2 secs
Raw